* default policy package
@ 2003-11-03 11:43 Dale Amon
       [not found] ` <200311040115.57564.russell@coker.com.au>
From: Dale Amon @ 2003-11-03 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker; +Cc: SE Linux

Looks like X windows has really stuck it's tentacles
into the policy. I can't compile one without it. Something
in the macros that I haven't tracked down yet:

ERROR: unknown type initrc_xserver_tmp_t' at token ':' on line 6198:
allow sysadm_uml_t initrc_xserver_tmp_t:dir search;

so I removed uml.te, which I didn't need anyway. Next run
I've now got:

ERROR: unknown type sysadm_xserver_t' at token ':' on line 7525:
allow sysadm_xserver_t xserver_tmpfile:dir { read getattr lock search ioctl add name remove_name write };

This is just some examples. I've been fighting this
all morning without finding a set that works without
any X. (Hardly need X for a machine that normally doesn't
even have a terminal on it, and when it does it's an old
dumb b&w character only glass tty)

I haven't specifically seen where the problem is coming
from yet: everything seems to have ifdef's around it
on startx.te or xserver.te but I've not gone through
every file.

I'll keep at it, but suggestions are welcome.