* Fedora 2.0 - raid1 not working
@ 2004-11-09 19:08 Jesse Burkhardt
From: Jesse Burkhardt @ 2004-11-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

I am new to raid installations. I have installed Fedora 2.0 onto a
system with two identical drives that I configured to be a raid1 mirror
through the disk druid interface. I created partition mirrors for both
the /boot partition (md0) and the / partition (md1). Then I created same
sized, non-mirrored swap partitions on each of the identical drives.
After the installation process, I found that I could boot with both
physical drives online and only one of the two physical drives when
booting in a single drive (failure simulation) mode.

I am wondering if there is a required kernel module that is not loaded
or compiled into the default Fedora 2.6 kernel.

When I look into the process list I see processes called md0_raid and
md1_raid. I did not run the raidstart command but assume that it
probably has been run.

Also here are a few raid file listings:

/etc/raidtab

raiddev             /dev/md1