* Checksum support: default behaviour
@ 2021-06-11 14:59 Matthieu Baerts
From: Matthieu Baerts @ 2021-06-11 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MPTCP Upstream

Hello,

With the current checksum support series from Geliang and Paolo
available in our tree, the default behaviour is not to use this checksum
feature.

Should we eventually do the opposite and have it enabled by default?

I do understand this has a cost in terms of performances but this could
help detecting nasty middleboxes, i.e. the ones that modify the TCP
packets without modifying MPTCP options if needed.

On the other hand, I don't have numbers showing if these middleboxes are
rare or not.

But also, the main issue I see if we enable the checksum support by
default is that we are no longer able to talk to servers not supporting
it (<5.13), no?

WDYT?

Cheers,
Matt
--
Tessares | Belgium | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net