* Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-02-16 20:31 Mark A. Greer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark A. Greer @ 2007-02-16 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)

Anyone agree?

Mark

* Re: Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-02-16 22:05 ` Geoff Levand
From: Geoff Levand @ 2007-02-16 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Greer; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Mark A. Greer wrote:
> There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
> Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
> I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
> nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
> for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)
>
> Anyone agree?

I have some bootwrapper work done for the PS3 that I wanted to rebase
to the new patches before posting for review.

-Geoff

* Re: Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-02-17 15:08 ` Josh Boyer
From: Josh Boyer @ 2007-02-17 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Greer; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:31:34PM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
> Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
> I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
> nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
> for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)
>
> Anyone agree?

Very much so.  Even getting an ACK on them would be good.  I know some
of David's patches are prerequisites for 4xx work and I'd very much like
to see that continue to progress.

josh

* Re: Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-02-28 22:00 ` Timur Tabi
From: Timur Tabi @ 2007-02-28 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Greer, paulus; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Mark A. Greer wrote:
> There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
> Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
> I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
> nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
> for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)
>
> Anyone agree?

Yes, I think these patches are long overdue.

Paul, do you see any reason why these patches can't become part of 2.6.21?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale

* Re: Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-02-28 23:33   ` David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2007-02-28 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timur Tabi; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, paulus

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:00:49PM -0600, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Mark A. Greer wrote:
> > There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
> > Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
> > I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
> > nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
> > for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)
> >
> > Anyone agree?
>
> Yes, I think these patches are long overdue.
>
> Paul, do you see any reason why these patches can't become part of 2.6.21?

Well, the merge window for 2.6.21 is closed now, but I hope they can
go into 2.6.22.  My patches, at least, still need testing on 32-bit
powermac, which I haven't managed to arrange yet.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

* Re: Time to put bootwrapper patches into powerpc.git?
@ 2007-03-01 23:24   ` Mark A. Greer
From: Mark A. Greer @ 2007-03-01 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timur Tabi; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, paulus

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:00:49PM -0600, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Mark A. Greer wrote:
> >There is a rather large number of patches for the bootwrapper (from
> >Scott Wood, David Gibson, others?) queued up to go into powerpc.git.
> >I think most of them are acceptable or pretty close so IMHO it would be
> >nice to have them in powerpc.git.  Especially since I have more patches
> >for the bootwrapper and I don't know what I should base them on. :)
> >
> >Anyone agree?
>
> Yes, I think these patches are long overdue.
>
> Paul, do you see any reason why these patches can't become part of 2.6.21?

Hey, I'd be happy just to get the backlog into the powerpc.git tree...

Mark