* Qualcomm DT bindings and DTS cleanups - tracking community wide
@ 2022-09-22 14:32 Krzysztof Kozlowski
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Krzysztof Kozlowski @ 2022-09-22 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Gross, Bjorn Andersson, Konrad Dybcio, linux-arm-msm,
	devicetree, Dmitry Baryshkov, Alex Elder, Nicolas Dechesne,
	Manivannan Sadhasivam, Bhupesh Sharma, Abel Vesa,
	Bryan O'Donoghue, Robert Foss, Srinivas Kandagatla,
	Johan Hovold, Luca Weiss, Vinod Koul, Stephan Gerhold,
	Caleb Connolly

Hi everyone,

Quite a lot of people are working on Qualcomm DT bindings conversion
(TXT->YAML) and fixups to Qualcomm DTS. We track a bit of this effort
internally in Linaro, but that has many shortcomings and we would like
to track it rather community-wide with the support and contributions
from the community.

What to track:
1. Which bindings to convert to YAML,
2. Missing compatibles (either entirely or because of missing conversion),
3. `dt_binding_check` warnings (usually connected with 1-2),
4. `dtbs_check` warnings.

Rob's bot gives us daily output for 1-4, but how can we track current
efforts to avoid duplication of work? Also it would allow people to find
tasks for them to get contributions to Linux kernel :). Is anyone in
community interested in tracking it together, in a public way?

If so, where?
A. elinux.org (needs some formatting when pasting the output from tools)
B. gitlab pages/wiki (maybe scripts could parse tools and create the page?)
C. gitlab dedicated repo - some text file
D. Linux kernel TODO file (might be difficult to keep updated)
E. kernel.org wiki (requires LF accounts, AFAIK, a bit pain to edit; I
have it for Exynos but I don't find it usable -
https://exynos.wiki.kernel.org/todo_tasks)

I am leaning towards Gitlab pages because they could be quite automated
- with CI or with scripts.

The point would be to list all of tasks (1-4 from the first list), keep
it updated with new results, pick/assign tasks and mark as done.