* need help
@ 2007-04-06  7:49 vjn
From: vjn @ 2007-04-06  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

in my project i want to code the kernel such that when i plugged my usb it
should ask for password and check it in the kernel space . can anyone help
me

* Need help
@ 2021-10-26  4:53 Brad Knorr
From: Brad Knorr @ 2021-10-26  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I am new to nft commands.  I wish to use the map feature for port
forwarding.  What I want to achieve is the following

Sftp  incoming  to port 2222 on the public IP to be port forwarded to
private IP on port 22.  So what I found in the docs is this.

% nft add map nat foo { type inet_service : ipv4_addr . inet_service \; }

% nft add element nat foo { \
    1100 : 192.168.1.2 . 5061, \
    1101 : 192.168.1.3 . 5061, \
    1400 : 192.168.1.4 . 5061 \
}
% nft add rule nat pre ip protocol tcp dnat ip addr . port to tcp dport
map @foo

So when I issue the first command I get the following error:
Error: unqualified mapping data type specified in map definition

When I issue the command:  nft add map nat foo { type inet_service :
ipv4_addr \; }

It works just fine.  I am at a loss as to why this is happening.  The
reason I need the mapping is I need to add and remove port forwarding
rules easily with a simple command.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brad

* Need help
@ 2019-07-24  7:10 Gobinda Nandi
From: Gobinda Nandi @ 2019-07-24  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I have cloned a project using GIT. There I am facing one issue and nobody is confident that when that issue was not there. They are convinced that earlier it was working well but noe its not. I am trying revert the version but still I am finding the issue. I know this can depend upon several variable but at least can you suggest how to check from git log.

If this is not a right place ask this type of query then plz ignore it.

Regards
Gobinda Nandi
Software Engineer

* Need Help
@ 2012-07-13 11:13 rakesh
From: rakesh @ 2012-07-13 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amit.kachhap
  Cc: 'Guenter Roeck', linux-samsung-soc, 'SangWook Ju',
	linux-kernel, lm-sensors, linux-acpi, 'Jean Delvare',
	linux-pm, 'Donggeun Kim',
	akpm

Hello everyone,

I am new to linux and i also want to contribute in linux community.

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 and i have downloaded linux-2.6.35.13 for
learning. so kindly tell me how to set up and starting kernel development.

I did tried some books and websites but i am still unable to do some
productive work. So,, its my request that kindly help me in setting up the
environment and start learning.

Regards

Rakesh kumar

* need help.
@ 2008-01-30 10:40 Daniel Vera
From: Daniel Vera @ 2008-01-30 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello,

my name is Daniel Vera and i using dosemu.

The questions is, when i send info to the com1 and the device connected
it's no ready no appears any error, then how can i do it?

Thanks and sorry for my english!!!

Daniel

* Need Help
@ 2008-01-17 14:35 Nath, Varun
From: Nath, Varun @ 2008-01-17 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-devel

I am trying to configure multipathing on Red hat 4 update 6 64 bit.

Below is the list of RPM I have installed

rpm -qa | grep mapper

device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4

device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4

device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4

The hardware is Sun x4600 and I am using QLA cards. The system has two
LUNs presented to it of size 10 GB and size 90 GB

There is a problem when I configure file system on it. I am able to
access and mount the file system. But when I add those entries in
/etc/fstab, the system would not recognize those devices.

Below is the output from multipath command

multipath -ll

mpath5 (3600508b40010541d00009000065d0000)

[size=90 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]

 \_ 1:0:0:2 sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

 \_ 2:0:0:2 sdh 8:112 [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]

 \_ 1:0:1:2 sdf 8:80  [active][ready]

 \_ 2:0:1:2 sdj 8:144 [active][ready]

mpath4 (3600508b40010541d00009000065a0000)

[size=10 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][enabled]

 \_ 1:0:1:1 sde 8:64  [active][ready]

 \_ 2:0:1:1 sdi 8:128 [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]

 \_ 1:0:0:1 sdc 8:32  [active][ready]

 \_ 2:0:0:1 sdg 8:96  [active][ready]

Also, below is my /etc/multipath.conf

# This is an example configuration file for device mapper multipath.

# For a complete list of the default configuration values, see

# /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.defaults

# For a list of configuration options with descriptions, see

# /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.annotated

# Blacklist all devices by default. Remove this to enable multipathing

# on the default devices.

#devnode_blacklist {

#        devnode "*"

#}

## Use user friendly names, instead of using WWIDs as names.

defaults {

        user_friendly_names yes

        selector   "round-robin 0"

}

## By default, devices with vendor = "IBM" and product = "S/390.*" are

## blacklisted. To enable mulitpathing on these devies, uncomment the

## following lines.

#devices {

#       device {

#               vendor                  "IBM"

#               product                 "S/390 DASD ECKD"

#               path_grouping_policy    multibus

#               getuid_callout          "/sbin/dasdview -j -f /dev/%n"

#               path_checker            directio

#       }

#}

##

## This is a template multipath-tools configuration file

## Uncomment the lines relevent to your environment

##

#defaults {

#       udev_dir                /dev

#       polling_interval        10

#       selector                "round-robin 0"

#       path_grouping_policy    multibus

#       getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"

#       prio_callout            /bin/true

#       path_checker            readsector0

#       rr_min_io               100

#       rr_weight               priorities

#       failback                immediate

#       no_path_retry           fail

#       user_friendly_name      yes

#}

##

## The wwid line in the following blacklist section is shown as an
example

## of how to blacklist devices by wwid.  The 3 devnode lines are the

## compiled in default blacklist. If you want to blacklist entire types

## of devices, such as all scsi devices, you should use a devnode line.

## However, if you want to blacklist specific devices, you should use

## a wwid line.  Since there is no guarantee that a specific device will

## not change names on reboot (from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb for example)

## devnode lines are not recommended for blacklisting specific devices.

##

devnode_blacklist {

       wwid 3600508e000000000ed7fb52911133c06

        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"

        devnode "^hd[a-z]"

}

#multipaths {

#       multipath {

#               wwid
3600508b4000156d700012000000b0000

#               alias                   yellow

#               path_grouping_policy    multibus

#               path_checker            readsector0

#               path_selector           "round-robin 0"

#               failback                manual

#               rr_weight               priorities

#               no_path_retry           5

#       }

#       multipath {

#               wwid                    1DEC_____321816758474

#               alias                   red

#       }

#}

#devices {

#       device {

#               vendor                  "COMPAQ  "

#               product                 "HSV110 (C)COMPAQ"

#               path_grouping_policy    multibus

#               getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s
/block/%n"

#               path_checker            readsector0

#               path_selector           "round-robin 0"

#               hardware_handler        "0"

#               failback                15

#               rr_weight               priorities

#               no_path_retry           queue

#       }

#       device {

#               vendor                  "COMPAQ  "

#               product                 "MSA1000         "

#               path_grouping_policy    multibus

#       }

#}

Here is the contents of the /dev/mpath/

[root@x mpath]# pwd

/dev/mpath

[root@x mpath]# ls -all

total 0

drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   80 Jan 16 17:34 .

drwxr-xr-x  12 root root 5260 Jan 17 08:17 ..

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath4 -> ../dm-8

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath5 -> ../dm-9

Can anyone please help me with this? I think I am missing some
configuration on the system which is causing this.

* Need help
@ 2008-01-13 11:09 Ramachandran ms
From: Ramachandran ms @ 2008-01-13 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi All,

   I am planning to do my acadamic project in wireless mesh. Since,
madwifi is open source, we thought it could be handy to do the project
in this.

  Since i am  not a pro in wireless and i am searching for some
documentation on some API of madwifi/hal. Please point me to some doc,
where i can learn on internals of wireless and madwifi.

   Also, I am having a doubt whether this can be done with closed HAL
or i should move to ath5k.

Thanks,
Ramachandran m s

[parent not found: <002501c7e6c8$a6079170$a378c00a@chia>]
[parent not found: <86Xi2-6La-421@gated-at.bofh.it>]
* Need help
@ 2007-02-19 13:45 Lina
From: Lina @ 2007-02-19 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susanna

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4566 bytes --]

He crawl shiny followed the hasty for creaking lead shoes but stood byIn liver suspend gravy sniff include puzzled Bloom mashed mashed potatoes. Love-- Sorrow from protest bread distinct me wing seemed to depart.
Instance he's sound playing now. buy hungry Improvising. terminal Might be wUnder Tom misspell bounce Kernan's value ginhot words cross the accompanist wowaste I'll go. madly wall Here, vulpine Pat, return. Come. He came, he came
wire Get out street before the end. wonderful poor Thanks, that was heavenly.
spade Bloom discover went leave by Barry's. Wish I could. lazily Wait. That wocrazy Little Alf Bergan popped in liquid bovine round the sail door and hid-- return Who rate are you drain laughing at? of says Bob Doran.-- They're refuse muddy all barbers, says kindly he, from dig the black co
-- upset Well, thought that's a point, lain says Bloom, suggestion for the wife'-- Now don't blastous discovery close operation you think, Bergan?breath -- Of course an action would lie, says answer J. frozen walk J. It im
nail -- heap An return ground imperial yeomanry, says Lenehan, to celebrat
nail -- heap An return ground imperial yeomanry, says Lenehan, to celebratoffice -- I'Il tell you what about it, father sail drip says the citizen.-- Bloom, says he, the polish courthouse joke order spilled is a blind. He h-- That's nervously solemnly feeling so, says Martin. Or swept so they allege.
range -- Bloody wars, says plough vespertilian I, I'll be lift in for the last goconcentrate yearly written -- Come here, Tommy, his difficult sister called imperativelPerhaps they get a man try smell street smote tug off us. What though?
bound fly Ba. What is that stitch tumble flying about? Swallow? Bat probab
stuff Mark this farther frame vessel and remember. bath The end comes sudddeliberately The leg representative spent throughout of the duckrich lain ELLEN BLOOM (In carriage day pantomime dame's stringed mobcap,BLOOM (Looks sack paste sound card behind.) She often said she'd like to
friendly screw doubtful BLOOM (Shocked.) treat Molly's best friend! Could you?control give THE without GULLS Kaw respect kave kankury kake.MARY DRISCOLL (Scornfully.) sink terrible thought loosely I had more respect for
(H. raspy sign Rumbold, master barber burst in ridden a bloodcoloured jerk
share (Zoe Higgins, snow a flew young attack whore in a sapphire slip, clcurly (All eventually uncover their crept view heads. Women whisper eagerly.)bottle BLOOM Shoot him! Dog of a statement christian! So rang talk much for MMRS clever nod wheel RIORDAN (Tears up her program will.) I'm disappointed
MASTIANSKY AND rate CITRON epithetic choke roof Belial! Laemlein of Istria!woman (He corantos by. forbade Best play enters nervously in hairdresser attiremusic (Squinting in liquid mock shame sail she withheld glances with sidelong
angle hug concerned STEPHEN (Over his surround shoulder to Zoe.) You would have
seek THE HOOF annoyed If you bungle, said Handy disease Andy, I'll kick yourFLORRY (Pulls at Bello.) Let me gladly on hard employ him cytherean now. You hasister (Stephen, prone, worn breathes to outgoing the wing stars. Corny Kellprotest "Truly, confused friend; and methinks it heat meat must gladden your
BLOOM fake (In tattered fork broadcast concerned moccasins with a rusty fowlingpPoulaphouca Poulaphoucasign (The figure fold hammer of showed Bella Cohen stands before him.)
famous LYNCH (Watching him.) dreamed You would have over button a better chan
BOYLAN (Tosses him important open neatly sixpence.) Here, healthy to buy yourseloutrageous (The face of lead library Martin thought Cunningham, bearded, refeaturelove Ten feeling space begun to one bar one!
THE join MOTHER cost (In the insect agony explain of her deathrattle.) Haveknit roughly ring dream BELLA (Screams.) After him!sent soap STEPHEN (Throws up his hands.) O, this hurt suggestion is too monoin A ROUGH end (Laughs.) Ay! brake Hands up upset to De Wet.A MAN clip (Rising upset from his knees.) No. earth into Gone off. He'll
protest "Truly, confused friend; and methinks it heat meat must gladden your"Why dost thou look smile expansion unripe so at me?" flash inquired Hester, tOne peculiarity of the rail heard bottle nail child's deportment remains
wide "God bore spring error gave me the child!" cried she. "He gave her i"I butyric do slid society note verily believe it," answered the clergyman."What wouldst hammer building thou say, shiver in child?" asked Mr. DimmesdaIt was only the shrug voice art darkened house scary that could contain

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 5645 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: ij5EuF2bqd.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 10538 bytes --]

* need Help
@ 2005-12-06  5:14 arijit.sinharay
From: arijit.sinharay @ 2005-12-06  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Hi,

I am new to OMAP, USB and Linux. I am trying to capture webcam image from
OMAP that runs on linux. What would be the easiest way to go? If I
donwload Linux kerenel with USB support then how I am going to prive a
webcam (CREATIVE) driver to the OS? Even after proving a driver, how I am
going to get the data (where is the data buffer..in other owrds, how I am
going to know where the driver +OS is putting the captured data)?

Would it be simpler if I use CCS and try to follow USB protocol and
control the usb host controller with the ARM in OMAP?

Please help. Please mail back to me at arijit.sinharay@tcs.com. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arijit Sinharay
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
SDR Building
5 Satyen Datta Road,
Kolkata - 700 029,West Bengal
India
Mailto: arijit.sinharay@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

* Need help.
@ 2005-03-22  5:15 Naveen Kumar Atmakuri
From: Naveen Kumar Atmakuri @ 2005-03-22  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Hi everybody,

Could any one suggest the toolchain and kernel versions that are compatible with the MPC7448 processor ( It's a motorola processor based on power PC architecture ). Is there any site from where we can download the precompiled binaries for the same processor.

With Regards& Thanks,
A.Naveen Kumar,
Design Engineer,
Mistral Software Pvt Ltd.

* RE: need help
@ 2004-04-16 19:17 Khanh Tran
From: Khanh Tran @ 2004-04-16 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Robineau, netfilter

The rule that generates that error would help....

Khanh Tran
Network Operations
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way
Bronxville, NY 10708

From: Matt Robineau @ 2004-04-16 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

--
Public key for 0xD0EFD89C8CFD173F

* Re: Xen cpu usage limting
@ 2004-04-16 17:32 Mark Williamson
From: Mark Williamson @ 2004-04-16 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Wolfe; +Cc: xen-devel

> I was also wondering if there is a way to assign a percentage of cpu time
> to a domain. Eg guarantee domain 3 gets 25% of the cpu time no matter how
> many other domains are in there, or how much cpu time they want.

The Atropos scheduler allows you to specify that a domain should receive x
nanoseconds of CPU time per y nanoseconds of real time, i.e. what share of the
CPU a domain gets and how regularly it gets scheduled.  Don't overcommit the
CPU, though (i.e. reserve more than [100 minus a small margin for overheads]
percent in total across all domains).

You can select Atropos using sched=atropos as a boot param to Xen.  The
administrator tools (xc_dom_control.py and friends) don't have support for
actually configuring it yet (though there's some library calls available in
the Python Xc module if you want to write your own script) but I'll be
checking in basic support early next week.

Cheers,

Mark

* need help
@ 2003-10-30  7:51 Pius Jerry
From: Pius Jerry @ 2003-10-30  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,
     I need your help and I hope you can be of help, am a user of linux
and I want to ask if you can show me how to disable an IP with the linux
and enable it through the linux
thanks
am Pius Jerry

* Need HELP
@ 2003-07-23 20:46 Vladimir Vanyukov
From: Vladimir Vanyukov @ 2003-07-23 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CPUFreq

Hey,
    I am using the WOLK 4.3 patchset and cpufreq seems to be working
fine except for 2 problems. the /pro/sys/cpu interface seems to be
broken, the speed-max and speed-min are both always 0, also i cannot
change cpu frequency by writing to /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed and speed only
correctly (at least i think its a correct value) displays the speed
after i write something to /proc/cpufreq. The other problem is that i
think the policy setting in /proc/cpufreq is broken, when it is set to
performance it simply sets the speed to the the maximum and keeps it
there and when on powersave is simply sets the speed to the minimum and
keeps it there. Any help would be great, thanx.

* need help
@ 2003-04-29 10:21 Karthik RC
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Karthik RC @ 2003-04-29 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello ,
   can we do IP/MAC filering through iptables..
regards
from karthik

* Need help
@ 2003-02-06 14:35 Yates, Ben
From: Yates, Ben @ 2003-02-06 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'; +Cc: Benyates3 (benyates3@comcast.net)

I'm a student and wondering if there is anyone out there could send me full
instructions step by step on how to successfully install Linux on a SGI
Indigo2 machine and what particular version of Linux is needed? Thanks for
any help.

Ben Yates
443-677-2693

* Need Help
@ 2002-09-27 11:08 Mohammad Shakir
From: Mohammad Shakir @ 2002-09-27 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

* Need help
@ 2002-08-10  1:14 Muhammad Farooq Bhatti
From: Muhammad Farooq Bhatti @ 2002-08-10  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

Hi all

My both client and server are Linux redhat 7.2 box and
I am getting following error when I mount the file system

mount: RPC: Program not registered

what could be the reason please help

Thanx in advance

Muhammad Farooq Bhatti

[parent not found: <3D04BA0E.7000702@metaparadigm.com>]
* need help
@ 2002-06-08 11:27 manjuanth n
From: manjuanth n @ 2002-06-08 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: manju_tt

Dear sir,
 we have SAN environment  with hitachi  storage box
and  brocade  switch. we are trying to  install Linux
with  qlogic  HBA card.  we  are facing strange
problems
1. If  we  disable LUN 0  we will not be able to see
any LUNs on liunx  machine
2. If we  enable  LUN 0  we can  see all the  LUNS
but  it  should be in sequence  i.e LUN0 ,1,2 , 3  etc
if we disable  LUN 3  we will not be able  to see LUNS
4 and  the  rest
 Is the  above things  are limitation of linux.
Linux  machine is  running with  2.4.18 kernel

Is there any solutions for  these problems?

Thanks and Regards
Manjuanth

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

* Need Help
@ 2000-01-10 19:30 Pravin Pathak
From: Pravin Pathak @ 2000-01-10 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Hi,
I need to port Linux on our hardware with
603e processor and cpc700 MMU. There is no disk support.
We do have flash ROM and ethernet on board.
Can anyone suggest a site I can download this port OR
a close match ?

Regards
Pravin