* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-08 16:08 Roberts, William C
From: Roberts, William C @ 2020-05-08 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

I don't know if we ever updated those examples fully for 4.0, it looks like we did,
But also the man page for tpm2_create has examples. So if you run into issues, consult that
as well:
https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/blob/master/man/tpm2_create.1.md

* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-07 22:05 Tadeusz Struk
From: Tadeusz Struk @ 2020-05-07 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

@ 2020-05-07 18:08 Lester Cordeiro
From: Lester Cordeiro @ 2020-05-07 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

On 07/05/20 9:02 pm, Roberts, William C wrote:
> Most enterprise situations that I have seen, set the owner password or as Andreas mentioned
> Disable it via clearcontrol. Their also usually exists a key, known as the SRK, which is at the
> persistent address of 0x81000001, that has no auth value. Then folks can create keys under
> that as they see fit. So the disgruntled employee could nuke his keys, but no one else's.

hi,

     is it possible to provide an example on how to create RSA key under
SRK? Like what tpm2 tools should i use and what arguments?

Regards,

Lester

* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-07 15:51 Roberts, William C
From: Roberts, William C @ 2020-05-07 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Let me make this more clear, admin sets/does these things, the regular user just makes
Keys under the SRK.

* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-07 15:32 Roberts, William C
From: Roberts, William C @ 2020-05-07 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Most enterprise situations that I have seen, set the owner password or as Andreas mentioned
Disable it via clearcontrol. Their also usually exists a key, known as the SRK, which is at the
persistent address of 0x81000001, that has no auth value. Then folks can create keys under
that as they see fit. So the disgruntled employee could nuke his keys, but no one else's.

* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-07 11:01 Florian.Schreiner

@ 2020-05-07 10:21 lester.corderio
From: lester.corderio @ 2020-05-07 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

thank you very much for the explanation i have understood now

* [tpm2] Re: tpm2_clear
@ 2020-05-07 10:11 Fuchs, Andreas