* Yocto Project Community Manager updates
@ 2023-05-04 14:40 Nicolas Dechesne
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Nicolas Dechesne @ 2023-05-04 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, yocto-advocacy, openembedded-core; +Cc: Josef Holzmayr, Richard Purdie

Dear all,

After five years, I have decided to resign from my position as the Yocto
Project Community Manager. I joined the OpenEmbedded community around 2008.
I have fond memories of my early days, and still remember some of my first
interactions on IRC and mailing lists! This is a very welcoming community,
always helping new people with patience and kindness. Serving the project
during the last five years is something I am very proud of, and I will be
forever grateful to all of you for accepting me!

During these years, we have gone through a lot together, the pandemic gave
us an opportunity to rethink how our community should come together.
Setting up our Virtual Summits has been a lot of work (and stress!) for a
group of few people, but the never ending success of these events has been
very rewarding! Our online presence in social media has dramatically
improved, and allows us to reach out to and interact with our community
faster than ever before!

On the side of all the technical changes, and releases, we have also
established the Yocto LTS process which was a recurring request from the
community and has become a strength of the project! We also revamped the
project documentation to make it easier to maintain and contribute. The
Yocto Project documentation is such a great resource for our community! I
have spent so many hours on these PDFs in my early days!

Anyway, let’s not focus on the past! The future looks bright and I am
really excited to announce that Josef Holzmayr has accepted to take over
the Community Manager role. Josef needs no introduction, he has been a key
member of this community for so many years. Thanks to Josef's relentless
efforts, we have grown our social media presence on Youtube, Twitter,
LinkedIn and Mastodon! His energy will be a great source of inspiration for
this community! I wish Josef and Yocto the best for the years to come, and
I am convinced this community is in good hands and that Josef will be a
great community leader!

Many thanks!
Nico