* OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-25 14:26 Phil Blundell
                   ` (7 more replies)
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-08-25 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
All developers and other interested parties are welcome.

To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.

Thanks

p.

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-25 16:17 ` Marcin Juszkiewicz
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Marcin Juszkiewicz @ 2009-08-25 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Dnia wtorek, 25 sierpnia 2009 o 16:26:15 Phil Blundell napisał(a):
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email

Count me in.

JID:      hrw@jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-25 18:56 ` Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer @ 2009-08-25 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks for the offering the venue,

I'll be there.

:M:

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-25 18:57 ` Philip Balister
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Philip Balister @ 2009-08-25 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Count me in, pending sane airfares.

Philip

Phil Blundell wrote:
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.
>
> Thanks
>
> p.

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3303 bytes --]

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-26 15:43   ` Henning Heinold
From: Henning Heinold @ 2009-08-26 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

I think I will come too.

Bye Henning

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-08-27 13:44 ` Marco Cavallini
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2009-08-27 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell ha scritto, Il 25/08/2009 16:26:
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.
>
> Thanks

I'll try to come...
Looks like Stansted airport is nearby Cambridge.
Could you provide any travel information?

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-27 14:06   ` Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-08-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 15:44 +0200, Marco Cavallini wrote:
> I'll try to come...
> Looks like Stansted airport is nearby Cambridge.
> Could you provide any travel information?

Yes, Stansted airport is the nearest with regular service.  (There is a
small airport in Cambridge itself but I don't think any scheduled
airlines operate from there anymore.)

For those travelling from Europe, Stansted is about a 30-minute train
ride from Cambridge city centre and is served by Air Berlin, Ryanair and
Germanwings among others.  Luton airport is about 1 hour away by bus and
is served by Easyjet.

For those travelling from further away, most long-haul flights arrive at
Heathrow or Gatwick airports (although there is some transatlantic
service into Stansted).  Both Heathrow and Gatwick are about 2 hours
from Cambridge by train or bus: the train is quicker but involves
several changes in London, whereas the bus is slow but cheaper and less
complicated.

Alternatively you can take the Eurostar to London St Pancras, which is
50 minutes from Cambridge by train.

p.

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-30 18:02     ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2009-08-30 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Don't know yet.

airfare is ok for me, Ryanair offers EHV -> STN return for about eur
85 (incl tax etc)
Then again I really hate those ryan-critters who have additional
charges for virtually everything.

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-08-31 21:20     ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2009-08-31 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 03:06:43PM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 15:44 +0200, Marco Cavallini wrote:
> > I'll try to come...
> > Looks like Stansted airport is nearby Cambridge.
> > Could you provide any travel information?
>
> Yes, Stansted airport is the nearest with regular service.  (There is a
> small airport in Cambridge itself but I don't think any scheduled
> airlines operate from there anymore.)
>
> For those travelling from Europe, Stansted is about a 30-minute train
> ride from Cambridge city centre and is served by Air Berlin, Ryanair and
> Germanwings among others.  Luton airport is about 1 hour away by bus and
> is served by Easyjet.
>
> For those travelling from further away, most long-haul flights arrive at
> Heathrow or Gatwick airports (although there is some transatlantic
> service into Stansted).  Both Heathrow and Gatwick are about 2 hours
> from Cambridge by train or bus: the train is quicker but involves
> several changes in London, whereas the bus is slow but cheaper and less
> complicated.
>
> Alternatively you can take the Eurostar to London St Pancras, which is
> 50 minutes from Cambridge by train.

Phil,

Thank you for organizing it! I was planning on coming, pending the final
logistics for the travel.

What is the venue for this event? Do you plan to reserve a place for it in
advance, like a meeting room in a hotel or such?

--
Denys

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-01  9:58       ` Phil Blundell
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-09-01  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 17:20 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Thank you for organizing it! I was planning on coming, pending the final
> logistics for the travel.
>
> What is the venue for this event? Do you plan to reserve a place for it in
> advance, like a meeting room in a hotel or such?

We haven't yet identified the exact venue since the number of expected
attendees will have quite a large influence on the kind of space that we
need.  I would hope we can arrange something within the next couple of
weeks though.

On which subject, just a quick reminder for anybody who plans to attend
but hasn't yet informed me of their intentions: please send me an email
within the next 7 days to ensure that you are included in the headcount.

p.

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-01 11:50         ` Graeme Gregory
From: Graeme Gregory @ 2009-09-01 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On which subject, just a quick reminder for anybody who plans to attend
> but hasn't yet informed me of their intentions: please send me an email
> within the next 7 days to ensure that you are included in the headcount.

I plan to attend.

Graeme

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-02 21:37         ` Michael Smith
From: Michael Smith @ 2009-09-02 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On which subject, just a quick reminder for anybody who plans to attend
> but hasn't yet informed me of their intentions: please send me an email
> within the next 7 days to ensure that you are included in the headcount.

Hi Phil,

I'd like to attend, if you've got room for one more.

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-09-02 21:52 ` Leon Woestenberg
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2009-09-02 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hello Phil,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Phil Blundell<philb@gnu.org> wrote:
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.

Count me in.

Leon

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-09-06 19:12 ` Alessandro GARDICH
From: Alessandro GARDICH @ 2009-09-06 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell wrote:
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.
>
> Thanks
>
> p.

Not completely sure but I'll plan to attend.

--
  /------------------------------------------------\
|     Alessandro Gardich : gremlin#gremlin!it      |
  >------------------------------------------------<
|  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.      |
|  A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough |
|  without ever having felt sorry for itself.      |
  \------------------------------------------------/

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-09-08  9:29 ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2009-09-08  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell ha scritto, Il 25/08/2009 16:26:
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.
>
> Thanks

Would be possible to have more logostic details about the location?
Some Hotel / B&B suggestion in the nearby would be great.

Thank you

/marco

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-09-08  9:34 ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2009-09-08  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Phil Blundell ha scritto, Il 25/08/2009 16:26:
> Further to the previous discussion on this topic, we now propose to hold
> a developers' meeting in Cambridge, UK on the weekend of November 7/8.
> All developers and other interested parties are welcome.
>
> To make the logistics easier, it would be useful to have an early
> indication of the number of people who plan to attend.  So, if you
> intend to come to the meeting, please let me know by email within the
> next two weeks (i.e. no later than September 8).  This is not a formal
> registration and doesn't commit you to anything, it is purely to make
> sure that we have a large enough venue for the number of attendees.

Please complete this page with more details if possible
http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Oedem/2009
or post them in ML

/marco

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-17  1:26         ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2009-09-17  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:58:21AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On which subject, just a quick reminder for anybody who plans to attend
> but hasn't yet informed me of their intentions: please send me an email
> within the next 7 days to ensure that you are included in the headcount.

So, what's the tally?

--
Denys

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-17  8:50           ` Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-09-17  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 21:26 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:58:21AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > On which subject, just a quick reminder for anybody who plans to attend
> > but hasn't yet informed me of their intentions: please send me an email
> > within the next 7 days to ensure that you are included in the headcount.
>
> So, what's the tally?

I think the list of would-be attendees currently stands at:

Balister
Philip

Blundell
Phil

Boor
Florian

Cameron
Jonathan
Cavallini
Marco

Dmytriyenko
Denys

Gardich
Alessandro
Gilmer
Ken

Gregory
Graeme
Heinold
Henning

Horsten
Thomas

Juszkiewicz
Marcin

Lauer
Mickey

Meulenbroeks
Frans

Purdie
Richard

Smith
Michael

Woestenberg
Leon

giving a total of 17 which should be easy to accomodate in either of our
first-choice venues.  If anybody has been missed off that list, please
let me know asap.

thanks

p.

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-18  9:45             ` Robert Schuster
From: Robert Schuster @ 2009-09-18  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Holger Hans Peter Freyther, Holger Freyther

Hi Phil,
I totally missed this thread.

I also would like to attend OEDEM.

Furthermore I am really missing Holger in the list of attendees.

@Holger: What's up?

Regards
Robert

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-18 16:30               ` Holger Hans Peter Freyther
From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther @ 2009-09-18 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Friday 18 September 2009 11:45:25 Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> I totally missed this thread.
>
> I also would like to attend OEDEM.
>
> Furthermore I am really missing Holger in the list of attendees.
>
> @Holger: What's up?

I would like to, but I have no idea if I will be in europe or busy on customer
sites... *sigh*

* Re: OEDEM November 2009
@ 2009-09-18 18:07               ` Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-09-18 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks Robert.  I've added you (and Liam) to the list, so we now have
19.

p.