From: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
To: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com>
Cc: Project Hail List <hail-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch 1/1] CLD: Introduce the "New CLD" API
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:41:35 -0500	[thread overview]

On 02/18/2010 08:35 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

>>> I'll batch-rename it when I get better.
>
>> Since it sounds like there will be no conflicting patches, I went ahead
>> and fixed things up myself, using my trusty sar (search-and-replace)
>> script.  I find sar quite useful, because it (a) matches and replaces on
>> word boundaries, and (b) it performs in-situ updates, unlike most other
>> Unix tools.
>
> I imagine the numbers of '>>>>>>' clauses I have to fix after the
> next "git pull". Oh well.

If you perform the substitutions on your local working tree using the
sar script, the diff between git HEAD and your local working tree should
provide something manageable.

That's how to I split up Colin's XDR patch into multiple patches...
repeatedly diff between HEAD and XDR-everything trees, apply a subset of
the total diff, a single logical change. lather rinse repeat.

	Jeff