* Next BlueZ developer meeting
@ 2010-07-05 20:55 Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2010-07-05 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello everyone,

our next BlueZ developer meeting will be held as mini-summit as part of
the LinuxCon in Boston.

	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/mini-summits

I like to invite interested developers to join us in Boston. The summit
will be held on Sunday, 8th and Monday, 9th of July. On Sunday we will
have a half day event with introductions, lighting talks and defining
the agenda for Monday. On Monday we will have the technical discussion.
The core topics are Bluetooth 3.0 (aka High Speed) and Bluetooth 4.0
support (aka Low Energy). This includes subtopics like AMP, Security
Manager, eL2CAP, Attribute Protocol & Profile. Additionally new profiles
like HDP, MAP etc. will be discussed. Also the integration of BlueZ into
oFono and ConnMan is part of the discussion points as well.

For attending the mini-summit it is required to register with the
LinuxCon. If you plan to attend, please let me know by private email so
we can finalize the planning.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: Next BlueZ developer meeting
@ 2010-07-06  1:28 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2010-07-06  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello again,

> our next BlueZ developer meeting will be held as mini-summit as part of
> the LinuxCon in Boston.
>
> 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/mini-summits
>
> I like to invite interested developers to join us in Boston. The summit
> will be held on Sunday, 8th and Monday, 9th of July.

I obviously meant 8th and 9th of August. Sorry for the confusion.

@ 2010-07-08  2:22   ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2010-07-08  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello once more,

> > our next BlueZ developer meeting will be held as mini-summit as part of
> > the LinuxCon in Boston.
> >
> > 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/mini-summits
> >
> > I like to invite interested developers to join us in Boston. The summit
> > will be held on Sunday, 8th and Monday, 9th of July.
>
> I obviously meant 8th and 9th of August. Sorry for the confusion.

I just got reminded that the registration fee for LinuxCon increases on
July, 15th. So if you already know that you are attending you might
wanna register sooner than later. The link is here:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/component/registrationpro/?func=details&did=27

@ 2010-08-06 22:19     ` Ron Shaffer
From: Ron Shaffer @ 2010-08-06 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On 7/7/2010 9:22 PM, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hello once more,
>
>>> our next BlueZ developer meeting will be held as mini-summit as part of
>>> the LinuxCon in Boston.
>>>
>>> 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/mini-summits
>>>
>>> I like to invite interested developers to join us in Boston. The summit
>>> will be held on Sunday, 8th and Monday, 9th of July.
>>
>> I obviously meant 8th and 9th of August. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I just got reminded that the registration fee for LinuxCon increases on
> July, 15th. So if you already know that you are attending you might
> wanna register sooner than later. The link is here:
>
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/component/registrationpro/?func=details&did=27
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Can you send out the event specifics - times and meeting places?

Ron Shaffer
Employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.

* Re: Next BlueZ developer meeting
@ 2010-08-07  5:12       ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2010-08-07  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ron Shaffer; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Ron,

> Can you send out the event specifics - times and meeting places?

the event details will be provided by the LinuxCon when you register on
Sunday morning. The registration will start at 8am along with the
continental breakfast. And we have our room from 9am - 6pm. I assume it
will be Aegean room on the Ballroom level, but we will see when we get
there.

Since we start on a Sunday, we can take it certainly easy and start
around 10am. So no rush ;)

@ 2010-08-07  5:48         ` Ron Shaffer
From: Ron Shaffer @ 2010-08-07  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On 8/7/2010 12:12 AM, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
>> Can you send out the event specifics - times and meeting places?
>
> the event details will be provided by the LinuxCon when you register on
> Sunday morning. The registration will start at 8am along with the
> continental breakfast. And we have our room from 9am - 6pm. I assume it
> will be Aegean room on the Ballroom level, but we will see when we get
> there.
>
> Since we start on a Sunday, we can take it certainly easy and start
> around 10am. So no rush ;)
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Thanks for the info. FYI, the LinuxCon schedule shows registration
starting Tues at 8:00 AM. Either it's wrong or there's no registration
on Sunday.

--

@ 2010-08-07 13:01           ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2010-08-07 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ron Shaffer; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Ron,

> >> Can you send out the event specifics - times and meeting places?
> >
> > the event details will be provided by the LinuxCon when you register on
> > Sunday morning. The registration will start at 8am along with the
> > continental breakfast. And we have our room from 9am - 6pm. I assume it
> > will be Aegean room on the Ballroom level, but we will see when we get
> > there.
> >
> > Since we start on a Sunday, we can take it certainly easy and start
> > around 10am. So no rush ;)
> >

> Thanks for the info. FYI, the LinuxCon schedule shows registration
> starting Tues at 8:00 AM. Either it's wrong or there's no registration
> on Sunday.

this is what I've been told. So I hope that someone does registration as
well on Sunday. Otherwise just go directly to the room. If something
goes wrong or is missing we will sort it out Sunday morning. As I said,
no stress. I myself will only arrive later tonight so we just have to
see ;)

@ 2010-08-07 13:29             ` Manuel Naranjo
From: Manuel Naranjo @ 2010-08-07 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi guys,
> this is what I've been told. So I hope that someone does registration as
> well on Sunday. Otherwise just go directly to the room. If something
> goes wrong or is missing we will sort it out Sunday morning. As I said,
> no stress. I myself will only arrive later tonight so we just have to
> see ;)

I envy you :D. Hey any chance to have a stream or something about it? I
saw LinuxCon is going to stream but the BlueZ one is not included. I
wouldn't mind paying to get access if it's available, but I would like
to see it.
Manuel

* Re: Next BlueZ developer meeting
@ 2010-08-07 22:10             ` Arun Kumar
From: Arun Kumar @ 2010-08-07 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: Ron Shaffer, linux-bluetooth

Hi All,

I am already checked in my room for same but looks like the front desk is
not aware of the bluez mini-summit tomorrow :-) Any other folks attending
bluez conf and already checked in may kindly get in touch. I am put up in
#1615.

Thanks,
Arun

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wrote:

> Hi Ron,

> > > the event details will be provided by the LinuxCon when you register on
> > > Sunday morning. The registration will start at 8am along with the
> > > continental breakfast. And we have our room from 9am - 6pm. I assume it
> > > will be Aegean room on the Ballroom level, but we will see when we get
> > > there.
> > >
> > > Since we start on a Sunday, we can take it certainly easy and start
> > > around 10am. So no rush ;)
> > >

> > Thanks for the info. FYI, the LinuxCon schedule shows registration
> > starting Tues at 8:00 AM. Either it's wrong or there's no registration
> > on Sunday.
>
> this is what I've been told. So I hope that someone does registration as
> well on Sunday. Otherwise just go directly to the room. If something
> goes wrong or is missing we will sort it out Sunday morning. As I said,
> no stress. I myself will only arrive later tonight so we just have to
> see ;)
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> in