* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-10-13 16:13 Darcy Watkins
From: Darcy Watkins @ 2010-10-13 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I submitted a patch wrt this subject line / thread back in August.
Essentially I updated the rp-pppoe package version (changed to
autotools) and made sure that the PPPoE server side functionality works
(on a powerpc target).

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-August/036907.html

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-July/036252.html

These changes were not included into buildroot-2010.08 because it was
already at release candidate stage.  I don't see it committed / merged
since either.  Will it make it in before 2010.11 hits release candidate
stage?

Regards,

Darcy

* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-10-13 20:09 ` Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2010-10-13 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 10/13/10 13:13, Darcy Watkins wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted a patch wrt this subject line / thread back in August.
> Essentially I updated the rp-pppoe package version (changed to
> autotools) and made sure that the PPPoE server side functionality works
> (on a powerpc target).
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-August/036907.html
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-July/036252.html
>
> These changes were not included into buildroot-2010.08 because it was
> already at release candidate stage.  I don't see it committed / merged
> since either.  Will it make it in before 2010.11 hits release candidate
> stage?
>

> Regards,
>
> Darcy

Hi.
I'll be looking into it when i've got some time, probably next week.
It's on my TODO list :)
Regards.

* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-10-15 20:25 ` Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2010-10-15 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 10/13/10 13:13, Darcy Watkins wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted a patch wrt this subject line / thread back in August.
> Essentially I updated the rp-pppoe package version (changed to
> autotools) and made sure that the PPPoE server side functionality works
> (on a powerpc target).
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-August/036907.html
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-July/036252.html
>
> These changes were not included into buildroot-2010.08 because it was
> already at release candidate stage.  I don't see it committed / merged
> since either.  Will it make it in before 2010.11 hits release candidate
> stage?
>

> Regards,
>
> Darcy

Hi Darcy.
Ok, managed to give it a spin on my powerpc rig.
My changes:

* RP_PPPOE_TARGETS_BIN and MANPAGES are basically the same, so merged.

* No need for RP_PPPOE_SOURCE if it uses the standard naming convention
(it does), so removed it.

* In INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS prefer $(INSTALL) over cp.

* NETSNMP_UNINSTALL? That should be RP_PPPOE_UNINSTALL :)

* In patch 002 (krn-plugin) you're hardcoding PLUGIN_DIR, i removed it
and just pass it to the package at build time (new RP_PPPOE_MAKE_OPTS)
based on pppd's package version. This is to avoid future breakage when
pppd changes version.

* Added RP_PPPOE_DEPENDENCIES = pppd, so that we build after pppd is
done, otherwise you may miss the pppd.h header.

* Cosmetic fixes.

Give it a spin, works for me.
Thanks and regards.
From: Darcy Watkins @ 2010-07-20 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'll take that on early August when I get back from vacation.  I'll need
to set up to repeat the test case and probably want to also try it out
on a couple of other processors I have available (an ARM11 MX31 and an
x86 Atom as well as the PPC405).  And of course, upgrade the version
etc.

Buildroot doesn't have the freeradius client in it, so I'll probably
have to add that as well.

Regards,

Darcy

From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2010-07-20 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

@ 2010-07-06 17:08 Darcy L. Watkins
From: Darcy L. Watkins @ 2010-07-06 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

@ 2010-06-01 19:51 Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2010-06-01 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Mark the rp-pppoe package as deprecated.
The rp-pppoe (pppoe) plugin has been included in the pppd package for
some time now.