* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-10-13 16:13 Darcy Watkins
From: Darcy Watkins @ 2010-10-13 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I submitted a patch wrt this subject line / thread back in August.
Essentially I updated the rp-pppoe package version (changed to
autotools) and made sure that the PPPoE server side functionality works
(on a powerpc target).

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-August/036907.html

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-July/036252.html

These changes were not included into buildroot-2010.08 because it was
already at release candidate stage.  I don't see it committed / merged
since either.  Will it make it in before 2010.11 hits release candidate
stage?

Regards,

Darcy

* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-07-06 17:08 Darcy L. Watkins
From: Darcy L. Watkins @ 2010-07-06 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

Before you remove the rp-pppoe package from buildroot, I have a
question.  Does the pppoe plugin for pppd include the access
concentrator (AC) support in it as well?

I ask this because most people only care about the client side and don't
think much about the server side you connect it to.

A while back, I cross compiled the AC functionality of rp-pppoe on
powerpc, added a freeradius client and demo'd a simple embedded AC on an
AMCC Taihu involving, a private LAN, freeradius running on a server
machine and a windows PC running its PPPoE client.  I was able to
advertise numerous "services" from the Taihu and have the PC be able to
select and connect to them using PPPoE sessions.

Regards,

Darcy

* [Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
@ 2010-06-01 19:51 Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2010-06-01 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Mark the rp-pppoe package as deprecated.
The rp-pppoe (pppoe) plugin has been included in the pppd package for
some time now.