From: Humphrey van Polanen Petel <hpvpp@optusnet.com.au>
To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc: The development of GNU GRUB <grub-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: need hostname on menu
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 14:32:39 +1100	[thread overview]

Whether it is a trivial problem or not I am not qualified to comment on,
but it nevertheless seems to me that being able to identify at boot a
systemby the name by which it is know is of obvious benefit simply
because mnemonics are most easily remembered.

And if you wish to call this a "rather exotic problem" then I would like
to point out that it is not up to the developers, but to the users to
determine how they use their system.

Humphrey

We are but sheep and here to be fleeced