* [lm-sensors] lm-sensors help question
@ 2013-05-24  3:40 Bruce Kettle
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Bruce Kettle @ 2013-05-24  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi I have a Biostar a780l3g motherboard with a Phenom II 840 processor.
I have Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit installed and current patches (kernel
3.5.0-30-generic).  I installed lm-sensors and ran sensors-detect, it
properly detected the k10 sensors.  But when I run sensors the output is
as follows:

bruce@bruce-A780L3G:~$ sensors
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +32.0°C  (crit = +127.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:        +23.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)
                        (crit = +90.0°C, hyst = +88.0°C)

I was hoping to be able to read core temps, but I don't think either of
these are that.

It does not appear that Biostar provides Linux chipset drivers, although
your FAQ indicates this should be supported in this version of the
kernel.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is the board just not
supported?  The sensors did work in Windows 7 in a variety of programs,
so I don't think there is a hardware issue.

Thanks