From: David Ranch <linux-hams@trinnet.net>
To: Ray Wells <vk2tv@exemail.com.au>,
	Linux Hams <linux-hams@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Linpac on Raspberry Pi
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:38:50 -0800	[thread overview]

Hello Ray,

I'm actively working on (finally) releasing a new version of Linpac but
Autoconf has been a challenge.  I received some great help from the
Xastir folks but have a little more to go.  Anyway, I have your "vector"
and other issues have already been solved with these new patches and I
should be able to give you a hand.  I do plan on releasing a .debs in
the future but until then, try this for non-RPM based systems:

# 0 - Your dependencies will be gcc, perl, ncurses-libs, libax25, and
ax25mail-utils
#    All compiling details can be found here:
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#11.linpac

# 1 - I highly advise you do NOT compile things on your Rpi's SD card -
it will wear it out.  Do all your compiling
# via an NFS mount or an attached USB hard drive , etc.

# 2 - Get the sources (please note that the Ncurses based Linpac is the
one I've been focusing so far)
cd <your high-write cycle destination path>
wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/linpac/LinPac-unstable/0.17pre3/LinPac-0.17pre3.tar.gz

# 3 - Uncompress Linpac
tar xzvf LinPac-0.17pre3.tar.gz

#4 - Get all the required patches
cd LinPac-0.17pre3
wget -r -l1 --no-parent --no-directories -Alinpac0*
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/

#5 - Apply the patches
patch -p0 < linpac0-digi-length.diff
patch -p0 < linpac0-pcskprsnd.diff
patch -p0 < linpac0-compile-fixes.diff
patch -p0 < linpac0-compile-fixes2.diff

#6 - Configure and build it
./configure --prefix=/usr
make

The compiler is still throwing warnings but it builds ok on Centos6.5
today.  I would appreciate any feedback on how to clean up the warnings
as I'd like to get a 100% clean build before I post this new version on
SF.net.

#7 - Configure it up by reading the included manual.html documentation
and
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#11a.linpacconfig

PS.  I'm not on the Rpi list but if you would, please cross-post this
response over there as well.  I'd love to get more users on Linpac and
get some additional developers on board!

--David
KI6ZHD