* Size of irq field
@ 2015-04-02 15:05 Iurii Konovalenko
From: Iurii Konovalenko @ 2015-04-02 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: Embedded-pv-devel, xen-devel

Hi, Julien!

During bringing up Xen on Renesas Lager board we faced with problem.
A lot of Xen sources relies on statement, that IRQ number is less then
256 and variables, parameters, fields etc. are of type uint8_t. But we
can have IRQs, that are greater then 255, for example on RCar H2 SoC.
Also, as I saw from one of your latest commits, GICv supports 1020
physical interrupts. As a result, overflow can occur. So it seems
logical to increase all irq staff to uint16_t or uint32_t. We have
local patches for increasing some structures, functions etc.
But before pushing these patches I want to know your opinion, what do
you think about this problem? What type should we use uint16_t or
uint32_t? How to find all places where uint8_t type is used for IRQ?

Best regards.

Iurii Konovalenko | Senior Software Engineer
GlobalLogic