* Sony Vaio Duo 11: getting middle mouse button to work
@ 2014-01-23 16:21 Stephan Mueller
From: Stephan Mueller @ 2014-01-23 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: platform-driver-x86

Hi,

I hope this is the right list for my question -- if not, please help me
finding the right destination.

I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 where the middle mouse button does not work.

The device in lsusb is listed as:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 26e1:c1a0

Greping through the kernel for device IDs I do not find a driver in the kernel
that is explicitly written for that mouse. So, I expect the generic USB mouse
picks this device up.

The input framework knows the device as:

/dev/input/event3:      Crucialtek co.,LTD Optical Track Pad

The problem now is that the middle mouse button does not seem to be activated
at all:

- xev does not record any events

- playing around with debug modes of the sony_laptop does not indicate that it
records any events for special keys

- using usbmon to sniff the raw USB events does not show any events being
communicated when pressing/releasing the middle mouse button

Note, the right and left button work flawless.

As I am out of ideas. Does anybody have an idea on how to identify where the
problem is? Would I need to send some "enabling" events to the mouse before it
activates the middle mouse button? Or is there anything in Linux that could
help me debug the situation?

As a side note: initially there was Windows on the box. And the middle mouse
button worked on it. So, the hardware should have no problems.

Thanks a lot
Stephan
--
| Cui bono? |

* Re:  Sony Vaio Duo 11: getting middle mouse button to work
@ 2016-08-11 21:27 Stefan Seidel
From: Stefan Seidel @ 2016-08-11 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benjamin.tissoires, smueller, jkosina, linux-input