* [ath9k-devel] AMSDU and AMPDU packet aggregation in ath9k
@ 2009-03-05 10:53 Kevin Wilson
From: Kevin Wilson @ 2009-03-05 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello,
In saw in the wireless linux wiki ath9k page a list of devices for which there
is an ath9k driver.
see: http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k

First question:
I want an ath9k card because as far as I understand,
it **does** support 802.11n and I need to do a project with drivers that
support AMSDU and AMPDU packet aggregation. AFAK, ath9k (in the wireless-testing
tree) supports this AMSDU and AMPDU packet aggregation. Is it true?

Second question:

I know that this question is a bit off topic to this list; however, I hope
someone can help me:
I am quite bewildered:
Now, according to that ath9k wiki page, DWA-547 RangeBooster N650
Desktop Adapter
from D-LINK has an <AR5416+AR2133>  chip and so it runs ath9k driver.
However , I googled
for it and I saw in some places that the manufacturer is DLINK but it
has a Ralink
chipset !! for example,
http://www.modem-help.co.uk/D-Link/DWA-547-11n-RangeBooster-N-Desktop-Adapter.html

Could it be that there are two types of this DWA-547 RangeBooster card,
one with Atheros and one with Ralink ? How can I know? I am buying it online.
( also when buying in a store, they do not permit it).

Rgs,
Kevin