* nft compat layer
@ 2016-01-15 20:06 Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
From: Arturo Borrero Gonzalez @ 2016-01-15 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Neira Ayuso

I'm giving a spin to the nft compat layer, since it can be of certain
importance for distributions.

I just want to be clear on what I recommends to end users about
migrating from iptables (and friends) to nftables.

Could you please remind me in which state was the discussion about
that patch to show x_tables extensions in nftables rulesets [0]?
I remember Patrick mentioned several concerns back then about this approach.

Currently, with a basic ruleset errors are shown [1]. Also, if you try
to see what's happening, segfaults [2].

I'm aware of the translations efforts being made by Shivani.

[0] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/459398/
[1] http://paste.debian.net/366059
[2] http://paste.debian.net/366060/

best regards.