* UDP stress-testing
@ 2016-04-07 20:19 Peter Kietzmann
From: Peter Kietzmann @ 2016-04-07 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wpan

Dear list,

first of all let me say that I'm new to this list. So if I'm completely
wrong in my concern please excuse the noise and guide me to the right
place. If you can :-)!

For some experiments I'm trying to send "great" numbers of UDP packets
with "great" payloads as fast as possible from a RasPi equipped with the
Openlabs transceiver. With another RasPi+transceiver I'm sniffing the
traffic. It turns out that just the first x packets are sent out
correctly before the outgoing packets come out irregularly. The number
of correctly sent packets depends on the UDP payload size and it looks
like the problem occurs after ~30-35 kB Bytes (gross) in total have been
transmitted (fragmentation overhead included). I already increased the
send socket memory to a reasonably high value, without success. But
still I assume some buffer problems. Do you have a hint which screw to
adjust?

BTW: Introducing a delay after each packet to send fixes the problem.
But I'd like to do stress-testing...

Best
Peter

--