* rbd-mirror related jewel backports
@ 2016-08-10  9:07 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-08-10  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mykola Golub; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Mykola,

There are seven rbd-mirror related backports which do not cherry-pick cleanly. I've not looked at each of them yet and I would very much appreciate your advice about the best way to proceed.

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16511
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16512
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16658
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16701
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16747
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16902
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16978

Maybe they should be cherry-picked in a specific order in order to avoid conflicts ? For instance, maybe one of the pending backports that you can see at

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3Ajewel+label%3Arbd

would avoid some of the conflicts if merged ? I'm thinking specifically

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/10646
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/10644

What I'm looking for, ideally, is a way to order the cherry-picks to avoid any conflict. That may involve backporting a few additional pull requests (for instance when the type of an argument changes from int64_t to uint64_t, that creates a lot of potential conflicts and backporting that change could help, even if it is not required to fix a given bug.

There are three backports that also do not apply because of a conflict but do not seem to be related to rbd-mirror. Unless you advise otherwise, I'll attempt to resolve these individually and assume there is complex interaction with other backports.

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16950
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16904
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16735

Thanks in advance for your guidance !