* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Alfred 2016.1 bind errors
@ 2016-05-06 20:45 Jonathan Haws
From: Jonathan Haws @ 2016-05-06 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

I am trying to get familiar with the Alfred tools and downloaded version
2016.1.  Unfortunately it didn't work - I couldn't get past a bind error:

root@sierra1:~# ./alfred -m -i bat0
can't bind: Cannot assign requested address
Failed to open interfaces

I had setup batman-adv with the commands:

batctl if add eth0
ip link set up bat0 (eth0 was already up)

I rolled back to 2015.0 (per a hint at
http://wiki.pinneberg.freifunk.net/alfred) and alfred started up just
fine instead of giving the error.  However it periodically gives the
following message:

announce master ...
Error during sent: Cannot assign requested address

I also tried alfred -m -i eth0 with the same results.

Is there something wrong in my configuration?  Can anyone point me in
the right direction?  I've read through the Wiki for both batman-adv and
alfred and am out of ideas.

I'm trying to prove this setup and get familiar with it in a virtual
environment, so I am using VirtualBox to setup a network of 4 nodes in
my mesh.  Should be simple enough, and batman-adv seems to work just
great - once its up and running, all nodes can communicate one with
another as expected.  Only issue is I am trying to get alfred to work
with batadv-vis to give me a graph to tell me it really is working right.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Jon

--