* DIF/DIX in mpt3sas
@ 2016-06-30  0:57 Baoquan Zhang
From: Baoquan Zhang @ 2016-06-30  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi; +Cc: Alireza Haghdoost, du, Raghu Raja Chandrasekar

Hi there,

Thanks for reading my email.

I am a Ph.D student of University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Recently, I am working on a project of T10 PI-capable MD module. However, I fail to use DIX with the HBA/driver combination of LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02) /mpt3sas even though I have formatted the drives with DIF protection type 1. May I know if DIX (data integrity extension) is supported in mpt3sas driver?

Thanks,
Baoquan Zhang

* RE: DIF/DIX in mpt3sas
@ 2016-06-30  3:30 ` Chaitra Basappa
From: Chaitra Basappa @ 2016-06-30  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Baoquan Zhang, linux-scsi; +Cc: Alireza Haghdoost, du, Raghu Raja Chandrasekar

Zhang,
 Thanks for your email.

DIX is supported in mpt3sas , but not by default and hence while loading
mpt3sas driver set module parameter "prot_mask=0x7F" to enable DIX
support.

Thanks,
 Chaitra

the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at