* WWAN rtnetlink follow-up
@ 2021-06-04 10:27 Loic Poulain
From: Loic Poulain @ 2021-06-04 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M Chetan Kumar, Johannes Berg, Sergey Ryazanov
  Cc: Network Development, Jakub Kicinski, David Miller, Dan Williams

Hi folks,

Thanks for your involvement and great work on this WWAN topic. I've
picked your patches in my tree for testing (with a Qualcomm MHI
modem):
https://git.linaro.org/people/loic.poulain/linux.git/log/?h=wwan-dev

This is minimal support for now since mhi_net only supports one link,
Essentially for testing purposes, but I plan to rework it to support
more than one once wwan rtnetlink is accepted and merged, This
limitation will not exist for the Intel IOSM driver.

I'm probably going to rebase that and squash the fix commits (from
Sergey and I) to Johannes changes if everyone agrees. Then I'll submit
the entire series.

Not sure what is the procedure for iproute2, should it be included in
the series or be part of a dedicated one?

Chetan, you can use that tree for your iosm work, or cherry-pick the
[FIXUP] changes if you already work on the submitted RFC series.

Refs:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20210602082840.85828-1-johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20210603044954.8091-1-ryazanov.s.a@gmail.com/

Thanks,
Loic

* RE: WWAN rtnetlink follow-up
@ 2021-06-07 15:04 ` Kumar, M Chetan
From: Kumar, M Chetan @ 2021-06-07 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Poulain, Johannes Berg, Sergey Ryazanov
  Cc: Network Development, Jakub Kicinski, David Miller, Dan Williams

Hi Loic,

I have verified IOSM driver by cherry-picking the below [FIXUP] on top of Johannes & Sergey RFC patch.
Data path is functional. I will resubmit the IOSM Driver patches.
https://git.linaro.org/people/loic.poulain/linux.git/commit/?h=wwan-dev&id=fd7e6d78ebad9930d22e5b5f430cae9ad5fc89fe
https://git.linaro.org/people/loic.poulain/linux.git/commit/?h=wwan-dev&id=6fb7cbd0c0bde0de872744e89ee87e36ed8ec6a7

RFC Series:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20210602082840.85828-1-johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20210603044954.8091-1-ryazanov.s.a@gmail.com/

Regards,
M Chetan Kumar

* RE: WWAN rtnetlink follow-up
@ 2021-06-08  9:18 ` Kumar, M Chetan
From: Kumar, M Chetan @ 2021-06-08  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Poulain, Johannes Berg, Sergey Ryazanov
  Cc: Network Development, Jakub Kicinski, David Miller, Dan Williams

Hi Loic,

> Thanks for your involvement and great work on this WWAN topic. I've picked
> your patches in my tree for testing (with a Qualcomm MHI
> modem):
> https://git.linaro.org/people/loic.poulain/linux.git/log/?h=wwan-dev
>
> This is minimal support for now since mhi_net only supports one link,
> Essentially for testing purposes, but I plan to rework it to support more than
> one once wwan rtnetlink is accepted and merged, This limitation will not
> exist for the Intel IOSM driver.
>
> I'm probably going to rebase that and squash the fix commits (from Sergey
> and I) to Johannes changes if everyone agrees. Then I'll submit the entire
> series.

Could you please tell us when you intend to repost patch series ?

Regards,
Chetan

* Re: WWAN rtnetlink follow-up
@ 2021-06-08  9:43   ` Loic Poulain
From: Loic Poulain @ 2021-06-08  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumar, M Chetan
  Cc: Johannes Berg, Sergey Ryazanov, Network Development,
	Jakub Kicinski, David Miller, Dan Williams

Hi Chetan

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 11:18, Kumar, M Chetan <m.chetan.kumar@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Loic,
>
> > Thanks for your involvement and great work on this WWAN topic. I've picked
> > your patches in my tree for testing (with a Qualcomm MHI
> > modem):
> > https://git.linaro.org/people/loic.poulain/linux.git/log/?h=wwan-dev
> >
> > This is minimal support for now since mhi_net only supports one link,
> > Essentially for testing purposes, but I plan to rework it to support more than
> > one once wwan rtnetlink is accepted and merged, This limitation will not
> > exist for the Intel IOSM driver.
> >
> > I'm probably going to rebase that and squash the fix commits (from Sergey
> > and I) to Johannes changes if everyone agrees. Then I'll submit the entire
> > series.
>
> Could you please tell us when you intend to repost patch series ?

Going to submit this today, feel free to reply with your Tested-by tag.

Regards,
Loic