* RE: what to do with dpt_i2o
@ 2004-10-11 12:28 Salyzyn, Mark
From: Salyzyn, Mark @ 2004-10-11 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Lidel, Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: linux-scsi

I have not been submitting an updated patch for the dpt_i2o driver
because of a handful of customers experiencing problems with >4G of
memory in certain systems (all Zero Channel RAID). I am still
investigating.

The hot-changing of devices is still using a controversial interface
(busy checks wrapped around calls to driver writes to /proc/scsi/scsi in
2.4, and the drv->rescan() or scsi_rescan_device in 2.6) and there is
resistance to the LLD/car Firmware knowing more about device status.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn

From: Markus Lidel @ 2004-10-11  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: Mark_Salyzyn, linux-scsi

Hello,

@ 2004-10-09 15:01 ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2004-10-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark_Salyzyn, markus.lidel; +Cc: linux-scsi

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 03:46:22PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Marcus, you'd been doing a lot of testing with the DPT/Adaptec cards for
> the new i2o layer, right?  IIRC we now have both support for the Adaptec
> managment utils and the optimizes sglist format, so there's probably no
> reason anymore to keep dpt_i2o.
>
> If OTOH we want to keep it it would be nice of Mark could finally send
> the last round of patches we had agreed on..

ping..

* what to do with dpt_i2o
@ 2004-09-25 13:46 Christoph Hellwig