* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-11-02 10:05 Binh Thanh. Nguyen
From: Binh Thanh. Nguyen @ 2017-11-02 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Daniel, Robert,

We are facing an issue when trying to run healthcheck using B at D on Renesas board.
I would like to attach the log and the healthcheck script (we modified the healthcheck from Daniel)

The boot action was passed, but after that, look like LAVA cannot send command to Board, only send "#" (it supposed to be "uname").
I wonder if you met same issue before?
And if possible, please give us any hints you may have for debugging this issue!

Best regards,
Binh Nguyen

> We are facing an issue when trying to run healthcheck using B at D on Renesas board.
> I would like to attach the log and the healthcheck script (we modified the healthcheck from Daniel)
>
> The boot action was passed, but after that, look like LAVA cannot send
> command to Board, only send "#" (it supposed to be "uname").
> I wonder if you met same issue before?
> And if possible, please give us any hints you may have for debugging this issue!
>
> Best regards,
> Binh Nguyen

Thanh

Sorry for the delay in responding!

That test is missing a deploy section (all commented out) are you trying
to make the test too minimal? LAVA tends to swallow output if it is what
is expected.

Robert

* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-11-06  2:18   ` Daniel Sangorrin
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2017-11-06  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Binh-san,

As Robert said, please do not comment out the deploy section. LAVA does not just deploy
the binaries as they are, it also copies some scripts (LAVA Test shell) into the ramdisk (or network filesystem).
# LAVA does not use scp (or a serial protocol) to copy them into the target

For deploying you need a PDU (remote power switch). If you don't have one you need to
buy one and then add the corresponding commands.
# Note: I use an IP Power 9258 remote PDU.
# Note: do not think you can get around without a PDU*

Thanks,
Daniel

*There are ways to do it but they have limitations
https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/dispatcher-design.html#primary-connection

* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-11-08  7:26     ` Binh Thanh. Nguyen
From: Binh Thanh. Nguyen @ 2017-11-08  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Daniel, Robert,

> Subject: RE: B at D run on Renesas board - issue
>
> Hello Binh-san,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are now purchasing the PDU.

> Thanks,
> Daniel
>
> *There are ways to do it but they have limitations
> https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/dispatcher-design.html#primary-
> connection

Best regards,
Binh Nguyen

* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-11-15 10:21     ` Trung. Huynh
From: Trung. Huynh @ 2017-11-15 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Daniel, Robert,

We got into test section already, but have no idea why it attempts to execute the thing non-exist at all:
# /lava-237/bin/lava-test-runner /lava-237/0
as you can see our error log in attachment.
I also take example log over here https://gitlab.com/snippets/1679749
to see that it can create a directory by mkdir /lava-1

Could you please tell us what does it make scene? How can we fix it?
Thank you.

P/S: healthcheck script same as Binh-san attached to you before

Best Regards,
Trung

From: Robert Marshall @ 2017-11-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Trung,

The LAVA environment knows about those paths - I'd look into whether the
prompts you get on logging in are the ones that LAVA is telling you that
it is expecting?

Robert

@ 2017-11-16  8:11       ` Daniel Sangorrin
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2017-11-16  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Trung san,

Please could you send the complete log?

> P/S: healthcheck script same as Binh-san attached to you before

Did you make sure to uncomment the deploy section?

Regards,
Daniel

@ 2017-11-16  8:48         ` Trung. Huynh
From: Trung. Huynh @ 2017-11-16  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Daniel,

Thank for your reply.
The log in attachment is took from lava for easily observing instead of html page.
Regarding deploy section, YES, as you can see the log showing that has passed over it already to get into test section.

Is there anything going wrong?
Looking for your feedback

Best Regards,
Trung

From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2017-11-16  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Trung san

It seems that you are not booting from a ramdisk, but rather the rootfs installed on the eMMC or SD Card.

Regards,
Daniel

@ 2017-11-17  9:18             ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2017-11-17  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi

"Daniel Sangorrin" <daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp> writes:

> Dear Trung san

It would be useful to see the test yaml as it is now, but looking back
in the thread the original has in the boot section:

    commands: sd

you should change that to

    commands: ramdisk

Robert

@ 2017-11-27 10:45               ` Trung. Huynh
From: Trung. Huynh @ 2017-11-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Daniel, Robert,

Thank for your advices.
BTW, could you please give me uImage and device tree file as well as file system you have already built to use in your sample test?
I appreciate that.

Regards,
Trung

@ 2017-11-30  7:53                 ` Daniel Sangorrin
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2017-11-30  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Trung, Agustin, Robert

I was planning to upload them to B at D AWS S3 account, but I haven't received an account yet.
Agustin: could you try again please? should I send you some information?
Robert: should I send the patches again to make sure that everyone is running the same code?

Best regards,
Daniel

@ 2017-11-30  9:09                   ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2017-11-30  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

"Daniel Sangorrin" <daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp> writes:

> Hi Trung, Agustin, Robert

I think your changes are all in Tom's mirror of the repos but they
haven't been merged in yet

https://gitlab.com/tpollard/board-at-desk-single-dev/tree/master

Let me see if this can be MR'ed!

Robert

@ 2017-11-30 19:42                   ` Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-11-30 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

On 29/11/17 23:53, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
> Hi Trung, Agustin, Robert

I am travelling. Will do it Mon or Tue next week. Sorry about this
delay. You should have full access to S3.

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-12-05  9:09                     ` Trung. Huynh
From: Trung. Huynh @ 2017-12-05  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Daniel,

Once they to become ready for download, please ping me, thank you!

Regards,
Trung

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk _______________________________________________

* [cip-dev] B@D run on Renesas board - issue
@ 2017-12-11  6:46                       ` Daniel Sangorrin
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2017-12-11  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Trung,

I haven't got any message from Agustin.
Could you build the binaries by yourself?

Regards,
Daniel

@ 2017-12-11  9:54                         ` Trung. Huynh
From: Trung. Huynh @ 2017-12-11  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Dear Daniel,

Well, I think I got my own binaries already.
But wanna say that it's thankful to have your helping, keep forward.

Regards,
Trung