* Graceful continue if some recipe has error
@ 2015-02-16 17:05 Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav)
From: Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) @ 2015-02-16 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

We have written recipe for our application which reads some environment variables and follow a path. But if these variables are not set then recipe parsing results into error.
So I was looking if we can have some way for a graceful continuation. As we want if those variables are set then it bitbake should continue with rest of building.
So is there way we can achieve the same.

Thanks,
Abhinav

* Re: Graceful continue if some recipe has error
@ 2015-02-16 17:39 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-02-16 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav); +Cc: yocto

Hi Abhinav,

On Monday 16 February 2015 17:05:32 Bipnesh, Abhinav wrote:
> We have written recipe for our application which reads some environment
> variables and follow a path. But if these variables are not set then recipe
> parsing results into error. So I was looking if we can have some way for a
> graceful continuation. As we want if those variables are set then it
> bitbake should continue with rest of building. So is there way we can
> achieve the same.

Depends, how are you reading the variables? From python or shell?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Graceful continue if some recipe has error
@ 2015-02-16 17:42   ` Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav)
From: Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) @ 2015-02-16 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Hi,

I am using python function as below
python __anonymous () {
    origenv = d.getVar("BB_ORIGENV", False)
. . .
}

@ 2015-02-16 18:20     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-02-16 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav); +Cc: yocto

On Monday 16 February 2015 17:42:02 Bipnesh, Abhinav wrote:
> Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Monday 16 February 2015 17:05:32 Bipnesh, Abhinav wrote:
> > > We have written recipe for our application which reads some
> > > environment variables and follow a path. But if these variables are
> > > not set then recipe parsing results into error. So I was looking if we
> > > can have some way for a graceful continuation. As we want if those
> > > variables are set then it bitbake should continue with rest of
> > > building. So is there way we can achieve the same.
> >
> > Depends, how are you reading the variables? From python or shell?
>
> I am using python function as below
> python __anonymous () {
>     origenv = d.getVar("BB_ORIGENV", False)
> . . .