* -c populate_sdk question
@ 2018-05-15 19:12 Steve Pavao
From: Steve Pavao @ 2018-05-15 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

Is there an easy way to exclude a section of my local conf when I am building with -c populate_sdk option?

Long story short, I have some multilib-related entries in my local.conf which I need when building only the OS image, but which cause errors when building the SDK.

It’s be easiest if I could put a conditional around the multilib-related entries in my local.conf.  Then when I build with the -c populate_sdk option, they would be excluded from that build.

I noticed there are many SDK* variables in the Bitbake system, but I’m not so sure what are the best one/ones to use for my purpose, and what is the recommended syntax to achieve this conditional exclusion in my local.conf.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

- Steve Pavao
Korg R&D

* Re: -c populate_sdk question
@ 2018-05-16  9:30 ` ChenQi
From: ChenQi @ 2018-05-16  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 05/16/2018 03:12 AM, Steve Pavao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an easy way to exclude a section of my local conf when I am building with -c populate_sdk option?
>
> Long story short, I have some multilib-related entries in my local.conf which I need when building only the OS image, but which cause errors when building the SDK.
>
> It’s be easiest if I could put a conditional around the multilib-related entries in my local.conf.  Then when I build with the -c populate_sdk option, they would be excluded from that build.
>
> I noticed there are many SDK* variables in the Bitbake system, but I’m not so sure what are the best one/ones to use for my purpose, and what is the recommended syntax to achieve this conditional exclusion in my local.conf.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> - Steve Pavao
> Korg R&D

I don't think there's some easy and automatic way to do so.
Why not just comment the lines out?

FYI, the SDK and the target image should match, and our SDK is supposed
to support multilib.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi