* RE: Firewall - RH 9.0
@ 2003-07-21 20:41 Daniel Chemko
From: Daniel Chemko @ 2003-07-21 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Eastep, Dubba Kor; +Cc: netfilter

Tell Redhat to turn off all iptables and ipChains services. Now, every
line you write is like what everyone else here uses.

As to how to Start / Stop rules, etc... that you can either do manually
every time, at bootup in an init script, or just use an existing tool
that is supposed to do it all for you, like the tool listed below.

From: Tom Eastep @ 2003-07-21 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dubba Kor; +Cc: netfilter

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 12:37, Dubba Kor wrote:
> Hi All, I would like to build a firewall for my office network with DMZ
>
> I have installed RedHat 9.0 in minimal installation mode (to use the PC as
> Router/Firewall) with Kernel 2.4.20-8
>
> I am bit lost with the installation and usage of netfilters/IPtables. If any
> of you can please write to me a step by step procedures in building a new
> Firewall, I would really appreciate it very much. I looked on the internet
> and all other documents/FAQs also. But, they all talk only advanced use and
> configuration but not how to start and get into advanced mode.
>
> My ethernet interfaces are, eth0(Internet), eth1(DMZ) and eth2(LAN)

You might take a look at http://shorewall.net/three-interface.htm

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ teastep@shorewall.net

* Firewall - RH 9.0
@ 2003-07-21 19:37 Dubba Kor
From: Dubba Kor @ 2003-07-21 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi All, I would like to build a firewall for my office network with DMZ

I have installed RedHat 9.0 in minimal installation mode (to use the PC as
Router/Firewall) with Kernel 2.4.20-8

I am bit lost with the installation and usage of netfilters/IPtables. If any
of you can please write to me a step by step procedures in building a new
Firewall, I would really appreciate it very much. I looked on the internet
and all other documents/FAQs also. But, they all talk only advanced use and
configuration but not how to start and get into advanced mode.

My ethernet interfaces are, eth0(Internet), eth1(DMZ) and eth2(LAN)

Thanks very much in advance.
DK