All of lore.kernel.org
From: Phil Turmel <philip@turmel.org>
To: tyranastrasz@gmx.de, antlists <antlists@youngman.org.uk>,
	linux-raid@vger.kernel.org, NeilBrown <neilb@suse.com>
Subject: Re: Restoring a raid0 for data rescue
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 22:55:37 -0400	[thread overview]

On 8/2/20 8:46 PM, tyranastrasz@gmx.de wrote:

>>> I tried something what was told here
>>> https://askubuntu.com/questions/69086/mdadm-superblock-recovery
>>>
>>> root@Nibler:~# mdadm --create /dev/md0 -v -f -l 0 -c 128 -n 2 /dev/sdd
>>> /dev/sdb
>>
>> OH SHIT !!!
>>
>> You didn't try booting with a rescue disk? That mistake could well cost
>> you the array :-( I'm out of my depth ...
>>
>> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid
>> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid#When_Things_Go_Wrogn
>>
>> I've called in the heavy cavalry, and fortunately with 1.2 the damage
>> might not be too bad.
>>
>> Here's hoping,
>> Wol
>
> What do you mean with 1.2?
>
> Should I do?
> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Recovering_a_damaged_RAID
>
> I wait for an answer so I do it not more complicated :/
> But is it not possible to merge both disks together into a virtual one,
> block by block?
> Our put the old superblock back?
>
> I dunno what's the best solution.
>
> Thanks
> Nara

Oy.  I don't mind being called a "big gun", but I've zero experience
with IMSM / software raid combinations.  Not even a sparkler for you, sorry.

I avoid any form of "fakeraid" as too dangerous to play with.  I
understand it is necessary if you wish to dual boot windows and linux on
the same raid, but I don't do the former at all any more (no bare metal
windows in my life for over a decade, now).

):

Phil