* Possible em28xx regression for Pinnacle Dazzle Tv Hybrid Stick 320E
@ 2010-02-14  2:00 SebaX75
From: SebaX75 @ 2010-02-14  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: Devin Heitmueller

Hi,
I've already wrote on the problem that I'll go to explain and that was
already solved by Devin. It was solved and a call for tester was done,
and all was working (em28xx DVB modeswitching change); logically I've
used actual tree (updated with hg today).
Now the problem: with scandvb, during a scan for channels, the adapter
is able to recognize and tune only the first mux found in the list, for
all the other mux the output is "tuning failed"; I can change the mux
order, but always only first mux is tuned and channel recognized.

Thanks in advance for support,
Sebastian

* Re: Possible em28xx regression for Pinnacle Dazzle Tv Hybrid Stick 320E
@ 2010-02-14  2:04 ` Devin Heitmueller
From: Devin Heitmueller @ 2010-02-14  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SebaX75; +Cc: linux-media

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM, SebaX75 <sebax75@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've already wrote on the problem that I'll go to explain and that was
> already solved by Devin. It was solved and a call for tester was done, and
> all was working (em28xx DVB modeswitching change); logically I've used
> actual tree (updated with hg today).
> Now the problem: with scandvb, during a scan for channels, the adapter is
> able to recognize and tune only the first mux found in the list, for all the
> other mux the output is "tuning failed"; I can change the mux order, but
> always only first mux is tuned and channel recognized.

I would have to fall on my sword with this one - the modeswitching
changes weren't committed because of Mauro's concerns about power
management (and while I think he is incorrect in this regard, I never
took the time to prove it).  And I failed to check in the one line
change which was strobing the reset when the dvb gpio get called
(which was what was causing the zl10353 driver state to get out of
sync with the chip).

In other words, neither fix ever actually made it into the mainline
v4l-dvb tree.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs