* use {readl|writel}_relaxed instead of readl/writel in i2c-designware-core ?
@ 2014-02-14  7:54 ` Jisheng Zhang
From: Jisheng Zhang @ 2014-02-14  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-i2c, linux-arm-kernel, LKML

Hi all,

The writel/readl is too expensive especially on Cortex A9 w/ outer L2 cache. This
introduce i2c read/write error on Marvell Berlin SoCs when there are L2 cache
maintenance operations at the same time.

In our internal berlin bsp, we just replaced readl/writel with the relaxed
version. But AFAIK, the "relaxed" version doesn't exist on all architectures. How
to handle this issue?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jisheng