* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-26 21:26 Belisko Marek
From: Belisko Marek @ 2012-06-26 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Today during browsing found this: https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.

Seems xbmc with dependency libraries are added and even compiling in BR!

Cheers,

Marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible
Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA

Tel: +421 915 052 184
skype: marekwhite
twitter: #opennandra
web: http://open-nandra.com

* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-27  7:20 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-06-27  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Le Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:26:09 +0200,
Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@gmail.com> a ?crit :

> Today during browsing found this:
> https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.
>
> Seems xbmc with dependency libraries are added and even compiling in
> BR!

This looks really interesting. Can you contact the developer and
encourage him to submit his work upstream?

Thanks!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-27  7:58 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2012-06-27  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Belisko> Today during browsing found this:
 Belisko> https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.

 Belisko> Seems xbmc with dependency libraries are added and even
 Belisko> compiling in BR!

Nice! My Rpi work has been put on hold as I'm still waiting for the
foundation to ship me a device :/

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-27 14:06   ` Diego Iastrubni
From: Diego Iastrubni @ 2012-06-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@uclibc.org> wrote:

>  Belisko> Today during browsing found this:
>  Belisko> https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.
>
>  Belisko> Seems xbmc with dependency libraries are added and even
>  Belisko> compiling in BR!
>
> Nice! My Rpi work has been put on hold as I'm still waiting for the
> foundation to ship me a device :/

I have one of those here. XBMC locks up pretty bad after several minutes of
usage.

I will try this buildroot fork. I am interested in it as well :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-27 19:36     ` Diego Iastrubni
From: Diego Iastrubni @ 2012-06-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Diego Iastrubni <diegoiast@gmail.com> wrote:

>> ?Belisko> Today during browsing found this:
>> ?Belisko> https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.
>>
>> ?Belisko> Seems xbmc with dependency libraries are added and even
>> ?Belisko> compiling in BR!

I am missing something out here in git:

cd ~/src/buildroot [where my buildroot clone is)
git remote add rbp git://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.git
git fetch rbp

Git is pulling now the whole remote repository. I was thinking it will
only pull the "diff" between builroot and buildroot-rbp ... as they
share a lot... no?

What am I doing wrong?

* [Buildroot] xbmc available in (for Rpi)
@ 2012-06-27 22:31       ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2012-06-27 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Diego> I am missing something out here in git:

 Diego> cd ~/src/buildroot [where my buildroot clone is)
 Diego> git remote add rbp git://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp.git
 Diego> git fetch rbp

 Diego> Git is pulling now the whole remote repository. I was thinking it will
 Diego> only pull the "diff" between builroot and buildroot-rbp ... as they
 Diego> share a lot... no?

The rbp repo unfortunately seems to be a new import of a tree, and not
based on a clone of the upstream buildroot tree, so to git there is no
relation betweeen them.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard