* Storage and snapshots as historical yearly
@ 2017-09-11 18:17 Senén Vidal Blanco
From: Senén Vidal Blanco @ 2017-09-11 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I am trying to implement a system that stores the data in a unit (A) with
BTRFS format that is untouchable and that future files and folders created or
modified are stored in another physical unit (B) with BTRFS format.
Each year the new files will be moved to store A and start over.

The idea is that a duplicate of disk A can be made to keep it in a safe place
and that the files stored there can not be modified until the mixture of (A) and
(B) is made.

I have looked for information on this but I do not see it very clear. Both
"SEND" and "RECEIVE" do the opposite case to what interests me.

I have also seen that you could try to get a RAID 0 but I am afraid that the
data in A will not remain intact if the system performs a "BALANCE" at some
point and mixes data between (A) and (B).

It is assumed that both the (A) and (B) data will be displayed in the same
structure transparently, for example in "/ home".

|             HOME            |
| | DISK (A) |   | DISK (B) | |
| |  BTRFS   |   |  BTRFS   | |