From: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
To: Woojung.Huh@microchip.com
Cc: marc.zyngier@arm.com, eric@anholt.net, netdev@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org,
	UNGLinuxDriver@microchip.com
Subject: RE: lan78xx: WARNING: irq 79 handler enabled interrupts
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 22:31:47 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Hi Woojung,

> Woojung.Huh@microchip.com hat am 30. Dezember 2018 um 04:25 geschrieben:
>

> HI Marc & Stephen,
>
> Most of engineers are out until New Year's Day.

thanks. I didn't expect a reply that fast.

> LAN78xx driver uses irq_domain for phy interrupt, but smsc95xx uses polling.
> Need to check flow again, you can try that comment out "lan78xx_setup_irq_domain" to
> make dev->domain_data.phyirq = 0 which forces PHY polling.

I tested your suggestion with multi_v7_defconfig (32 bit) and arm64/defconfig.
The warning disappeared and Ethernet is still working.

Only the old issue that we can't receive until a first packet has been send out reappear. But this should be manageable.

> Can you share if this is filed on RPI forum?

I didn't submit this to the raspberrypi.org forum / github. They mostly care about the next LTS release 4.19 and not really about arm64.

But an Arch Linux user (aarch64 using Mainline kernel) already discovered this issue:
https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=13302

> Also, it would be appreciated if you can create a ticket on Microchip site at
> https://www.microchip.com/technical-support/hot-topics

Done

Best regards
Stefan