* Patch Question.
@ 2005-09-22  3:01 Alejandro Bonilla Beeche
From: Alejandro Bonilla Beeche @ 2005-09-22  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

	I have a couple of questions about sending patches. I did read the
SubmittingPatches Doc but don't recall this.

Can anyone send a patch to LKML to be applied?
How long does it normally take for a patch to be merged?
If a patch is not merged and I get no Replys, what should one do?

.Alejandro

* Patch Question
@ 2017-04-17 23:28 Perry Hooker
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Perry Hooker @ 2017-04-17 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi everyone,

I recently submitted a patch to the kernel mailing list:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/21/712

I received some feedback on the patch. After a bit of polite
back-and-forth, the respondent stopped replying when I asked for more
information, and I haven't heard anything from the maintainers.

Based on my analysis (contained in the thread), I still think the
patch is correct & appropriate.

What's the best way to determine if this is a good fix or not?
How should I proceed if the patch is, in fact, a good fix?

Best regards,
Perry