* [RFC] webkit-gtk upgrade
@ 2012-06-27  6:40 Burton, Ross
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Burton, Ross @ 2012-06-27  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Hi,

In the git branch poky-contrib/ross/webkit I've upgraded webkit-gtk
from a 1.7.1-ish git snapshot to the 1.8.1 tarball.  I've tested that
web builds and Midori (from meta-oe) works, although obviously more
testing is needed -- both users of the library and architectures.

I'm going away for a week now so if interested parties could test this
it would be much appreciated!

Ross

* Re: [RFC] webkit-gtk upgrade
@ 2012-06-27  7:21 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-06-27  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Op 27 jun. 2012, om 08:40 heeft Burton, Ross het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> In the git branch poky-contrib/ross/webkit I've upgraded webkit-gtk
> from a 1.7.1-ish git snapshot to the 1.8.1 tarball.  I've tested that
> web builds and Midori (from meta-oe) works, although obviously more
> testing is needed -- both users of the library and architectures.
>
> I'm going away for a week now so if interested parties could test this
> it would be much appreciated!

Is that branch against oe-core or poky?

* Re: [RFC] webkit-gtk upgrade
@ 2012-06-27  8:36   ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2012-06-27  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Poky, but should rebase with a fast-forward.

Actually, it's probably based on my gconf branch. I'm away from my work machines now do can't check but the relevant changes can easily be cherry-picked.

Ross--
Ross Burton

@ 2012-07-11 14:05 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2012-07-11 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Hi,

On 27 June 2012 07:40, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
> In the git branch poky-contrib/ross/webkit I've upgraded webkit-gtk
> from a 1.7.1-ish git snapshot to the 1.8.1 tarball.  I've tested that
> web builds and Midori (from meta-oe) works, although obviously more
> testing is needed -- both users of the library and architectures.
>
> I'm going away for a week now so if interested parties could test this
> it would be much appreciated!

Is there really nobody out there using webkit-gtk for real?  I've just
rebased my branch (poky-contrib:ross/webkit) against the current
master, and the webkit-gtk change is a single commit, so please anyone
who actually uses webkit beyond a few minutes of testing in Web -
speak now.

Ross

* Re: [RFC] webkit-gtk upgrade
@ 2012-07-11 14:27   ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-07-11 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Op 11 jul. 2012, om 16:05 heeft Burton, Ross het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> On 27 June 2012 07:40, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>> In the git branch poky-contrib/ross/webkit I've upgraded webkit-gtk
>> from a 1.7.1-ish git snapshot to the 1.8.1 tarball.  I've tested that
>> web builds and Midori (from meta-oe) works, although obviously more
>> testing is needed -- both users of the library and architectures.
>>
>> I'm going away for a week now so if interested parties could test this
>> it would be much appreciated!
>
> Is there really nobody out there using webkit-gtk for real?  I've just
> rebased my branch (poky-contrib:ross/webkit) against the current
> master, and the webkit-gtk change is a single commit, so please anyone
> who actually uses webkit beyond a few minutes of testing in Web -
> speak now.

I'm using midori and ephiphany, but I haven't been able to build oe-core master for a few weeks now due to all the bbappend issues.

* Re: [RFC] webkit-gtk upgrade
@ 2012-07-13  1:39 ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2012-07-13  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 06/26/2012 11:40 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the git branch poky-contrib/ross/webkit I've upgraded webkit-gtk
> from a 1.7.1-ish git snapshot to the 1.8.1 tarball.  I've tested that
> web builds and Midori (from meta-oe) works, although obviously more
> testing is needed -- both users of the library and architectures.
>
> I'm going away for a week now so if interested parties could test this
> it would be much appreciated!

Tried to build it today and it failed here:

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8010/builders/nightly-world/builds/170/steps/shell_34/logs/stdio

> | make[2]: `Source/WebKit/gtk/po/zh_CN.mo' is up to date.
> | make[2]: Leaving directory `/srv/home/pokybuild/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-slave/nightly-world/build/build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/webkit-gtk-1.8.1-r0/webkit-1.8.1'
> | touch stamp-po
> | ./.deps/DerivedSources
> | make[1]: ./.deps/DerivedSources: Command not found
> | make[1]: *** [all-local] Error 127
> | make[1]: Leaving directory `/srv/home/pokybuild/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-slave/nightly-world/build/build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/webkit-gtk-1.8.1-r0/webkit-1.8.1'
> | make: *** [install] Error 2
> | ERROR: oe_runmake failed

Sau!