* PAN performance
@ 2010-08-20  3:57 Han
       [not found] ` <AANLkTi=8KS=_z05WgXJLf1Kc0WJqzrWX104eZmQaqJ+B@mail.gmail.com>
       [not found] ` <AANLkTikch9E6mw-YErX7-85yivWVAh2E2iRS3eBc1hp5@mail.gmail.com>
From: Han @ 2010-08-20  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,
I have been using bluetooth PAN to run some personal programs. One
thing I noticed is that PAN seems to be very slow (i.e. not up to
3Mbps for BT 2.0). I have bluetooth 2.0 adapters on my laptops and I
do SSH over PAN.  Whenever I run a GUI application (on sshd server), i
see the GUI response is very slow.  It is not video or anything so I
don't think it needs up to 3Mbps. Is this slowness over PAN expected?

Thanks.
Han

* Re: PAN performance
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTik5Q0CpUu=wpz_X8An1h6ShTku19xUff3O39Bkx@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-08-20 16:50     ` Han
From: Han @ 2010-08-20 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Kumar, linux-bluetooth

Hi Arun,
I was able to transfer pictures and file over BT in fair good speed. I
yet to test the actual bps though.  I will check out the
configurations...
thanks
Han

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Arun Kumar <arunkat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Han,
>
> just curious--are you able to get good performance[upto 3 Mbps] with non-pan
> bluez profiles? as BT speeds depend on HCI transports too used below viz.
> UARTS. They may not be configured optimally for BR/EDR high speeds...
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Arun Kumar Singh
>

>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Han <keepsimple@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have been using bluetooth PAN to run some personal programs. One
>>> thing I noticed is that PAN seems to be very slow (i.e. not up to
>>> 3Mbps for BT 2.0). I have bluetooth 2.0 adapters on my laptops and I
>>> do SSH over PAN.  Whenever I run a GUI application (on sshd server), i
>>> see the GUI response is very slow.  It is not video or anything so I
>>> don't think it needs up to 3Mbps. Is this slowness over PAN expected?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Han
>>> --
>>> linux-bluetooth" in
>>> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

* Re: PAN performance
       [not found] ` <AANLkTikch9E6mw-YErX7-85yivWVAh2E2iRS3eBc1hp5@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-08-20 16:52   ` Han
From: Han @ 2010-08-20 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven bluez; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM, steven bluez <steven.bluez@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Han,
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Han <keepsimple@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have been using bluetooth PAN to run some personal programs. One
>> thing I noticed is that PAN seems to be very slow (i.e. not up to
>> 3Mbps for BT 2.0). I have bluetooth 2.0 adapters on my laptops and I
>> do SSH over PAN.  Whenever I run a GUI application (on sshd server), i
>> see the GUI response is very slow.  It is not video or anything so I
>> don't think it needs up to 3Mbps. Is this slowness over PAN expected?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Han
>> --
>> in
>
> I think is depending upon the vendor you have. I had a chip which had no
> issues like yours and the 3mbps doesnt come into the scenario you expect
> instead you  get 1-2mbps in bluetooth. If it's bidi direction it might
> vary...My experience of pan would be around 1.5mpbs MAX

I noticed the difference between chips as well. But i saw the issue
even with one of mine better BT doggles ;-).  Btw,  I tried to use
"ssh -C -X"  options and now the latency is much better.