* Re: kirkwood stack size
@ 2021-10-27 23:06 Tony Dinh
From: Tony Dinh @ 2021-10-27 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Marek,

In reference to:
https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2021-October/465221.html

I have several Kirkwood boards, and currently support these boards in
mainline: Sheevaplug, Zyxel NSA310S, GoFlex Home, Dockstar. I also
have a few out-of-tree Kirkwood u-boots that have not been submitted
for mainline yet.

I did not see the stack size problem, or any other problem. And I'm
running the 2021.07 version.

Regards,
Tony

* kirkwood stack size
@ 2021-10-27 22:07 Marek Behún
From: Marek Behún @ 2021-10-27 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Roese; +Cc: u-boot

Hello Stefan,

do you have some ARM Kirkwood board? I am working on some env patches,
because the code in the env/ directory is a pain in the ass of old
relics, and Kirkwood is the only platform using the eeprom environment
driver.

I would like to ask about Kirkwood stack size.

In arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/include/mach/config.h it says

/* Kirkwood has 2k of Security SRAM, use it for SP */
#define CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR		0xC8012000

So if I understand correctly, Kirkwood has only 2k of init stack.

But the env_eeprom_load() method in env/eeprom.c allocates a
CONFIG_ENV_SIZE bytes long array for environment, and CONFIG_ENV_SIZE
is 2k.

Is the init stack changed to another stack before environment is loaded?
I couldn't find code which would do that. As far as I am able to
determine, this 2k long init stack is used, and this means that the
code in env/eeprom.c is wrong, since it allocates below stack space.

Maybe no one used newer U-Boot on Kirkwood for a long time and this was
not noticed? Should we remove support for Kirkwood?

Marek