* warnings in rgw_crypt.cc
@ 2017-08-14 16:38 John Spray
From: John Spray @ 2017-08-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Hi all,

These have been in master for quite a while now:

/home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:38:2:
warning: #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to
reuse." [-Wcpp]
 #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to reuse."
  ^
/home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:247:2:
warning: #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
[-Wcpp]
 #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
  ^

Is anyone working in this area?  Otherwise we should probably just
create tracker tickets instead of using preprocessor macros as
reminders.

Cheers,
John

* Re: warnings in rgw_crypt.cc
@ 2017-08-14 16:41 ` Gregory Farnum
From: Gregory Farnum @ 2017-08-14 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Spray; +Cc: Ceph Development

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM, John Spray <jspray@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> These have been in master for quite a while now:
>
> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:38:2:
> warning: #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to
> reuse." [-Wcpp]
>  #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to reuse."
>   ^
> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:247:2:
> warning: #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
> [-Wcpp]
>  #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
>   ^
>
> Is anyone working in this area?  Otherwise we should probably just
> create tracker tickets instead of using preprocessor macros as
> reminders.

Yes. A few key people have had fantasies that this was going to be the
next thing on X person's list, but that's clearly not happening. I'd
merge a PR changing that. :)
-Greg

* Re: warnings in rgw_crypt.cc
@ 2017-08-15  1:48   ` Jos Collin
From: Jos Collin @ 2017-08-15  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory Farnum, John Spray; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi,

@Greg:
No, your PR is not merged it seems.
Please see:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc#L38
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc#L247

I have created the following tracker the moment I saw this warning:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19851

and

This PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/14498, implements this
requirement.

But the progress of this PR seems to be very slow. As this warning is
annoying and appears in every PR tests and builds, I have created a PR
yesterday for removing it sooner:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17012

Please review.

Thanks,
Jos Collin

On Monday 14 August 2017 10:11 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM, John Spray <jspray@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> These have been in master for quite a while now:
>>
>> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:38:2:
>> warning: #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to
>> reuse." [-Wcpp]
>>  #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to reuse."
>>   ^
>> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:247:2:
>> warning: #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
>> [-Wcpp]
>>  #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
>>   ^
>>
>> Is anyone working in this area?  Otherwise we should probably just
>> create tracker tickets instead of using preprocessor macros as
>> reminders.
>
> Yes. A few key people have had fantasies that this was going to be the
> next thing on X person's list, but that's clearly not happening. I'd
> merge a PR changing that. :)
> -Greg

* RE: warnings in rgw_crypt.cc
@ 2017-08-15 14:46     ` Mahalingam, Ganesh
From: Mahalingam, Ganesh @ 2017-08-15 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jos Collin, Gregory Farnum, John Spray; +Cc: Ceph Development

This PR is something that has been of interest to me. I will be more than happy to help in getting this change merged into the tree asap.

> But the progress of this PR seems to be very slow. As this warning is
> annoying and appears in every PR tests and builds, I have created a PR
> yesterday for removing it sooner:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17012
>
> Please review.
>
> Thanks,
> Jos Collin
>
> On Monday 14 August 2017 10:11 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM, John Spray <jspray@redhat.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> These have been in master for quite a while now:
> >>
> >> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-
> requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:38:2:
> >> warning: #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for others to
> >> reuse." [-Wcpp]  #warning "TODO: move this code to auth/Crypto for
> >> others to reuse."
> >>   ^
> >> /home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-pull-
> requests/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc:247:2:
> >> warning: #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
> >> [-Wcpp]
> >>  #warning "TODO: use auth/Crypto instead of reimplementing."
> >>   ^
> >>
> >> Is anyone working in this area?  Otherwise we should probably just
> >> create tracker tickets instead of using preprocessor macros as
> >> reminders.
> >
> > Yes. A few key people have had fantasies that this was going to be the
> > next thing on X person's list, but that's clearly not happening. I'd
> > merge a PR changing that. :) -Greg
> > --

* Re: warnings in rgw_crypt.cc
@ 2017-08-15 22:03     ` Gregory Farnum
From: Gregory Farnum @ 2017-08-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jos Collin; +Cc: John Spray, Ceph Development

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Jos Collin <jcollin@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Greg:
> No, your PR is not merged it seems.
> Please see:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc#L38
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc#L247
>
> I have created the following tracker the moment I saw this warning:
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19851
>
> and
>
> This PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/14498, implements this
> requirement.
>
> But the progress of this PR seems to be very slow. As this warning is
> annoying and appears in every PR tests and builds, I have created a PR
> yesterday for removing it sooner:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17012

Merged, thanks!