* Help required for Debugging JBD
@ 2011-06-21 16:52 Niraj Kulkarni
From: Niraj Kulkarni @ 2011-06-21 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ext4

Hi all,
         I have modified my JBD (no change to Ext3) to support
Transactional-Flash. For that I require only to collect metadata and
data blocks and send them simultaneously (no transaction record, revoke
record etc).
        The problem is, though it works well for small number of
operations, the kernel completely hangs when I run any benchmark (like
blogbench or postmark) over them. The bad thing is that there is no
trace left afterwards, ie logs don't contain any message since the
operation was started, kernel OOPS are not shown, no faults are shown,
no panic is shown even though I have enabled panic on hard/soft lockup.
I have to hard reboot machine each time.
         So essentially, I am totally clueless about the point  at which
it is crashing or reason behind it. There is a small possibility that
bug may be in modified MTD layer (which I've written myself), but since
I have run unmodified Ext3 on that MTD layer without any bug, the chance
of buggy MTD layer appears very slim.

Any help in greatly appreciated.

Niraj