* [I-PIPE][ARM64] Experimenting on Jetson Xavier
@ 2021-02-20 18:49 Deniz Uğur
From: Deniz Uğur @ 2021-02-20 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai

Hello all,

I’m currently trying to run Xenomai on Jetson Xavier (arm64) (base kernel L4T 32.5). I had some successes and fails so far and I wanted to share my progress with you all. Maybe we can find a way to accomplish this experiment.

So far I’ve attempted to build mainline kernel versions 4.19.144, 5.4.72, and 5.7.0. I was only able to boot up 5.7.0 on the Jetson Xavier. I believe this is a good thing because if we can boot up mainline linux then there is a possibility that Xenomai can run as well. On the other hand, NVIDIA supplies us with 4.9.140 and 4.9.210 versions. I have tried to apply 4.9.55 I-pipe patch to 4.9.140 (L4T) and I’ve resolved almost all conflicts. I couldn’t fix entry.S file...

So right now, I’m thinking about two ways to accomplish this experiment.
	- Bump I-pipe 5.4.72 to 5.7.0 and use it as mainline kernel on the target. This could work because Linux 5.7.0 already works without a problem.
	- Bump I-pipe 4.9.55 to L4T 4.9.140 and use it as NVIDIA’s forked kernel on the target. If we can solve the conflict on “entry.S” file then maybe this could work as well.

What do you guys think about these solutions?
Was this matter already tested by any of you?

I’m definitely open to suggestions as I’m not sure if there are any other barriers on this path to run Xenomai on Jetson Xavier.

Thank you.
Be safe.

-Deniz