* [Fuego] Write up on adding a minnow board
@ 2021-01-06  9:34 Pooja Sanjay More
From: Pooja Sanjay More @ 2021-01-06  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Tim, tbird20d; +Cc: fuego

We have followed below steps to add a minnow board:

1)Board bring up
     -Added a jenkins job to build an image using yocto project.
     -For this*, Python 3.5 or greater *version is required.

2) Automate the hard reboot
     -Minnow board is connected to a usb relay.
     -Hard reboot is done by jenkins job.

3)Adding a board
     -minnow.board file is added.

4) Adding a toolchain
      -sdk toolchain has been installed inside a container.
      -To access the toolchain ".toolchain" is added.

 Attached writeup explains steps to build an image for the minnow board
using the yocto project. It briefly explains steps to add the SDK toolchain
for minnow board.

Thanks and regards,
Pooja More

--

This
message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the
individual(s) named. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are
notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in
reliance on the contents of this mail and attached file/s is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.

[-- Attachment #2: Adding_minnow_board_in_fuego.pdf --]

* Re: [Fuego] Write up on adding a minnow board
@ 2021-01-06 23:46 ` Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2021-01-06 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pooja.sm, tbird20d; +Cc: fuego

This is great stuff.  I have a couple of questions and items of feedback
below.

Did you have to add anything to the Docker container for this?
I don't see anything in the instructions about this.

> 2) Automate the hard reboot
>      -Minnow board is connected to a usb relay.
>      -Hard reboot is done by jenkins job.

Is there a standalone script to perform the reboot, like with the rpi board?

> 3)Adding a board
>      -minnow.board file is added.
>
> 4) Adding a toolchain
>       -sdk toolchain has been installed inside a container.
>       -To access the toolchain ".toolchain" is added.

This command in the instructions seems to be missing a destination directory (of /tmp)

sudo docker cp
fuego-container:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/minnow/workspace/build/tmp/deploy/sdk/poky-glibcx86_64-core-image-sato-sdk-corei7-64-intel-corei7-64-toolchain-3.2+snapshot.sh

>  Attached writeup explains steps to build an image for the minnow board using the yocto project. It briefly explains steps to add the SDK
> toolchain for minnow board.

This is a very nice reference for setting up a board for Fuego, using Yocto Project (building the image,
creating the SDK, and populating all the related Fuego stuff).

Thanks.  This would make a nice tutorial for the rst docs... :-)

 -- Tim