* Question about TLBs
@ 2022-12-31  9:39 Nada Lachtar
From: Nada Lachtar @ 2022-12-31  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello,

Does Qemu maintain two TLB for the x86_64 system (i.e iTLB and dTLB)? If yes, can you please point me to how to access the dTLB and what data structure maintains this information!

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks,

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Question about TLBs
@ 2022-12-31 20:04 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2022-12-31 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nada Lachtar; +Cc: qemu-devel, Richard Henderson

Nada Lachtar <nlachtar@umich.edu> writes:

> [[S/MIME Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hello,
>
> Does Qemu maintain two TLB for the x86_64 system (i.e iTLB and dTLB)?
> If yes, can you please point me to how to access the dTLB and what
> data structure maintains this information!

Qemu's internal softmmu TLB is unified and holds information for code
loads, memory accesses and re-directions for io access. See CPUTLBEntry
and CPUTLBEntryFull. They do not directly map onto any target specific
structures (although targets can use TARGET_PAGE_ENTRY_EXTRA to store
extra information in the table).

These entries are filled by target specific code via
cpu->cc->tcg_ops->tlb_fill() which in the x86 case takes you to
x86_cpu_tlb_fill(). This is the code responsible to walking the target
page tables and filling in the details of the mappings.

--
Alex Bennée
Virtualisation Tech Lead @ Linaro