* Softoff features in PLDM lib.
@ 2021-10-09 11:47 Thu Nguyen
From: Thu Nguyen @ 2021-10-09 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, liuxiwei, duanzhijia01

Dear Chicago Duan and George Liu,

In PLDM source, I saw that Inspur supported graceful shutdown the host
OS thru PLDM commands.

https://github.com/openbmc/pldm/commit/184f60263a0e4c3dda934d94ecb2a904ef835299#diff-59fd39a9594f6d6f82af25037f211858fafa418aacc055e85b4cc29abccf9dee

The feature used PLDM Platform SetEffecterState command to request the
host OS shutdown.

I wonder which part in the host software will response for this PLDM
request?

Does the host OS ( Centos, Ubuntu...) directly handle this type of command?

Thanks.

Thu Nguyen.