* 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 15:19 Abhishek Lekshmanan
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-10-26 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel
  Cc: Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

A first round of PRs were tested on Luminous integration branch, results
updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830,
RADOS suite was green, RBD, RGW & FS hit some known failures

ceph-disk has hit a failure with dmcrypt, details at
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-10 which doesn't seem to have
occured in QE runs before but there is a bug report, is anyone aware of
past issues with ceph-disk & dmcrypt?

Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?

Best,
Abhishek & Karol

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 15:40 ` Jason Dillaman
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2017-10-26 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

I would like to see the following additional tickets:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21918
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21688
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21914

Thanks,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:

> A first round of PRs were tested on Luminous integration branch, results
> updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830,
> RADOS suite was green, RBD, RGW & FS hit some known failures
>
> ceph-disk has hit a failure with dmcrypt, details at
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-10 which doesn't seem to have
> occured in QE runs before but there is a bug report, is anyone aware of
> past issues with ceph-disk & dmcrypt?
>
> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?
>
> Best,
> Abhishek & Karol

Jason

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 16:14 ` Sage Weil
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Sage Weil @ 2017-10-26 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
> A first round of PRs were tested on Luminous integration branch, results
> updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830,
> RADOS suite was green, RBD, RGW & FS hit some known failures
>
> ceph-disk has hit a failure with dmcrypt, details at
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-10 which doesn't seem to have
> occured in QE runs before but there is a bug report, is anyone aware of
> past issues with ceph-disk & dmcrypt?
>
> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?

I need to get

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18524

into master and then backport it.  Except that it relies on another PR
that introduces a new feature bit to get all of this in place.. and it's
brand new.  So I think I'm going ot do a targetted fix for luminous and
then sort out the backport conflicts later.  In any case, I should
have the luminous PR to resolve it today.

sage

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 16:47 ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-10-26 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel
  Cc: Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

Also created a label to track the current PRs already tested
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Awip-abhi-testing

> A first round of PRs were tested on Luminous integration branch, results
> updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830,
> RADOS suite was green, RBD, RGW & FS hit some known failures
>
> ceph-disk has hit a failure with dmcrypt, details at
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-10 which doesn't seem to have
> occured in QE runs before but there is a bug report, is anyone aware of
> past issues with ceph-disk & dmcrypt?
>
> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?
>
> Best,
> Abhishek & Karol

Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

* Re: 12.2.2 status
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-10-26 16:50 ` Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub
From: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub @ 2017-10-26 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Dillaman, Jason,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:

> A first round of PRs were tested on Luminous integration branch, results
> updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830,
> RADOS suite was green, RBD, RGW & FS hit some known failures
>
> ceph-disk has hit a failure with dmcrypt, details at
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-10 which doesn't seem to have
> occured in QE runs before but there is a bug report, is anyone aware of
> past issues with ceph-disk & dmcrypt?
>
> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?

I'd be happy to see these fixed:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21819
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21735

however, these are not in master yet, need validation.

This one is ready I think:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21500

> Best,
> Abhishek & Karol

* Re: 12.2.2 status
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-10-26 18:05 ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-10-26 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Durgin, Josh

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?

Please include:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18019
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18008

Patrick Donnelly

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 22:38   ` Karol Mroz
From: Karol Mroz @ 2017-10-26 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dillaman
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

Hi Jason,

Following PRs are up to address your luminous backport tickets...

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18529

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18564

> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21914

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18566

Regards,
Karol Mroz
kmroz@suse.de

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 22:42     ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2017-10-26 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karol Mroz
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

Awesome, thanks!

--
Jason

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-26 22:48   ` Karol Mroz
From: Karol Mroz @ 2017-10-26 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub, cbodley
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin,
	Dillaman, Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

+CC Casey

Hi Yehuda and Casey,

[…]

Opened backport ticket http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21937
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18539

Opened backport ticket http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21938
Final commit of https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18198 appears dependent on at least: cbb84cb13db and 53526d5050a in master.  Please advise.

Opened: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21939
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18569
  - Still need https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests/pull/189 backported to ceph-luminous branch of s3tests

@ 2017-10-27 13:57     ` Casey Bodley
From: Casey Bodley @ 2017-10-27 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karol Mroz, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin,

resolved this conflict in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18591

>> however, these are not in master yet, need validation.
>>
>> This one is ready I think:
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21500
> Opened: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21939
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18569
>    - Still need https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests/pull/189 backported to ceph-luminous branch of s3tests

do you want me to cherry-pick that s3test before the backport merges?
it's likely to cause failures for teuthology runs that don't include
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18569

> Regards,
> Karol Mroz
> kmroz@suse.de

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-27 14:02       ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2017-10-27 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karol Mroz, Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

Hate to be that guy, but this [1] just popped up this morning and I
think it should be backported into 12.2.2 once it's merged into
master.

Thanks.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21956

--
Jason

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-30  8:28         ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2017-10-30  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dillaman
  Cc: Karol Mroz, Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel, Sage Weil,
	Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin,
	Josh

Abhishek,

 it'd be great if we can include:

- https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18620
- https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18621

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Jason Dillaman <jdillama@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hate to be that guy, but this [1] just popped up this morning and I
> think it should be backported into 12.2.2 once it's merged into
> master.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21956
>
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Jason Dillaman <jdillama@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Awesome, thanks!
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Karol Mroz <kmroz@suse.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> Following PRs are up to address your luminous backport tickets...

>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18529

>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18564

>>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18566
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Karol Mroz
>>> kmroz@suse.de
>>>

>> --
>> Jason
>

> --
> Jason

Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-30 13:09         ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2017-10-30 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karol Mroz, Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

Here is the related Luminous PR for that tracker ticket:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18626

Thanks!

--
Jason

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-10-30 20:38       ` Karol Mroz
From: Karol Mroz @ 2017-10-30 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Casey Bodley
  Cc: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub, Abhishek Lekshmanan, ceph-devel,
	Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Dillaman, Jason, Patrick Donnelly,
	Durgin, Josh

Hey Casey,

Please see inline…

Taken care of here: https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests/pull/193  If you could please take a look.

@ 2017-11-03 17:44   ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-11-03 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Durgin, Josh, Karol Mroz

Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
>> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
>> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
>> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?
>
> Please include:
>
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18019
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18008

I've added the all the PRs in the milestone with the label wip-abhi-testing,
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Awip-abhi-testing

However all the ubuntu/debian tests in teuthology seem to fail with a
dependency issue not seen in centos,

For eg:
http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_16:49:11-ceph-disk-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-vps/

or
http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_15:09:21-rados-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-smithi/

something in the lines of
ceph-mds : Depends: ceph-base (= 12.2.1-688-g83b8263-1trusty) but it is
not going to be installed

though not sure why these are failing as the packages themselves seem to
be present at the chacra url, so something else in the dependency chain
somewhere? Has anyone else seen errors of this nature ?

--
Abhishek

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-03 17:53     ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2017-11-03 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Durgin, Josh,
	Karol Mroz

It's probably https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18589 ?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:

> Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> >> Also for the leads, Sage, Yehuda. Jason, Josh, Patrick are there any
> >> critical PRs that we need to have in 12.2.2 so that we can include
> >> them in the next round of testing before handing over to QE?
> >
> > Please include:
> >
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18019
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18008
>
> I've added the all the PRs in the milestone with the label wip-abhi-testing,
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Awip-abhi-testing
>
> However all the ubuntu/debian tests in teuthology seem to fail with a
> dependency issue not seen in centos,
>
> For eg:
> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_16:49:11-ceph-disk-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-vps/
>
> or
> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_15:09:21-rados-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-smithi/
>
> something in the lines of
> ceph-mds : Depends: ceph-base (= 12.2.1-688-g83b8263-1trusty) but it is
> not going to be installed
>
> though not sure why these are failing as the packages themselves seem to
> be present at the chacra url, so something else in the dependency chain
> somewhere? Has anyone else seen errors of this nature ?
>

> --
> Abhishek

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-03 18:02       ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-11-03 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil, kefu chai, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin,

Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> writes:

> It's probably https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18589 ?

Looks like it. I'm not sure whether this PR needs to go in for 12.2.2 or
post 12.2.2,  and how the ceph-test breaks << 12.2.2 affects this. Can
Kefu/ Ken comment on whether this needs to be included and what
additional steps we need to get the packaging fixed.

Thanks
Abhishek

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2017, Abhishek Lekshmanan wrote:
>
>> Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@redhat.com> writes:

>> > Please include:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18019
>> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18008
>>
>> I've added the all the PRs in the milestone with the label wip-abhi-testing,
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Awip-abhi-testing
>>
>> However all the ubuntu/debian tests in teuthology seem to fail with a
>> dependency issue not seen in centos,
>>
>> For eg:
>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_16:49:11-ceph-disk-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-vps/
>>
>> or
>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-03_15:09:21-rados-wip-luminous-backports-distro-basic-smithi/
>>
>> something in the lines of
>> ceph-mds : Depends: ceph-base (= 12.2.1-688-g83b8263-1trusty) but it is
>> not going to be installed
>>
>> though not sure why these are failing as the packages themselves seem to
>> be present at the chacra url, so something else in the dependency chain
>> somewhere? Has anyone else seen errors of this nature ?
>>

>> --
>> Abhishek
>> --

Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-03 20:54         ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2017-11-03 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan, vumrao
  Cc: Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Patrick Donnelly,
	Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 2:02 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> It's probably https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18589 ?
>
> Looks like it. I'm not sure whether this PR needs to go in for 12.2.2 or
> post 12.2.2,  and how the ceph-test breaks << 12.2.2 affects this. Can
> Kefu/ Ken comment on whether this needs to be included and what
> additional steps we need to get the packaging fixed.

+ vikyat.

all or nothing. if we want to backport the fix of
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we will have to backport the
"debian: fix package relationships after" fixes. so i think pull/18589
is self-contained. and no additional step is needed.

and per http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we need to have it in
luminous. but i have no strong opinion on including it in 12.2.2 or
post 12.2.2. Vikhyat and Nathan, what do you think?

--
Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-04  7:51           ` Nathan Cutler
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2017-11-04  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai, Abhishek Lekshmanan, vumrao
  Cc: Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Patrick Donnelly,
	Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Dillaman, Jason, Durgin, Josh, Karol Mroz

> all or nothing. if we want to backport the fix of
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we will have to backport the
> "debian: fix package relationships after" fixes. so i think pull/18589
> is self-contained. and no additional step is needed.
>
> and per http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we need to have it in
> luminous. but i have no strong opinion on including it in 12.2.2 or
> post 12.2.2. Vikhyat and Nathan, what do you think?

Yes, I tried to make 18589 self-contained by pulling in Kefu's and
Abhishek's follow-on fixes. I think it would be nice to have it in 12.2.2.

Nathan

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-05 12:17             ` Abhishek L
From: Abhishek L @ 2017-11-05 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, vumrao, Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer,
	Ken, Patrick Donnelly, Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin,

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Nathan Cutler <ncutler@suse.cz> wrote:
>> all or nothing. if we want to backport the fix of
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we will have to backport the
>> "debian: fix package relationships after" fixes. so i think pull/18589
>> is self-contained. and no additional step is needed.
>>
>> and per http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we need to have it in
>> luminous. but i have no strong opinion on including it in 12.2.2 or
>> post 12.2.2. Vikhyat and Nathan, what do you think?
>

> Yes, I tried to make 18589 self-contained by pulling in Kefu's and
> Abhishek's follow-on fixes. I think it would be nice to have it in 12.2.2.

Rebuilt the integration branch with the newer PR and it still fails
with the same reason
http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-05_11:53:02-ceph-disk-wip-abhi-testing-2017-11-05-0933-distro-basic-vps/
for eg.

Kefu, are there any more commits we need to solve the dependency issue?

Thanks
Abhishek
> Nathan

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-06  8:52               ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2017-11-06  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L
  Cc: Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, Abhishek Lekshmanan, vumrao, Sage Weil,
	Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Patrick Donnelly, Ceph Development,
	Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Durgin,
	Josh, Karol Mroz

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Abhishek L
<abhishek.lekshmanan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Nathan Cutler <ncutler@suse.cz> wrote:
>>> all or nothing. if we want to backport the fix of
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we will have to backport the
>>> "debian: fix package relationships after" fixes. so i think pull/18589
>>> is self-contained. and no additional step is needed.
>>>
>>> and per http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21762, we need to have it in
>>> luminous. but i have no strong opinion on including it in 12.2.2 or
>>> post 12.2.2. Vikhyat and Nathan, what do you think?
>>

>> Yes, I tried to make 18589 self-contained by pulling in Kefu's and
>> Abhishek's follow-on fixes. I think it would be nice to have it in 12.2.2.
>
> Rebuilt the integration branch with the newer PR and it still fails
> with the same reason
> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-05_11:53:02-ceph-disk-wip-abhi-testing-2017-11-05-0933-distro-basic-vps/
> for eg.
>
> Kefu, are there any more commits we need to solve the dependency issue?

well, yes and no.

we need to "dch" the changelog, to bump up the version number to
12.2.2 to address this issue. but i thought this was a step of our
release process: see
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/2cb4f4069c7a0fac1abecd76e6014272f22cf139/ansible/roles/ceph-release/tasks/release/stable.yml#L3.

that's why i believed that PR#18589 was self-contained. anyway, we can
"fix" this issue in two ways:

1. "dch" the changelog in a commit only for testing, and it will not
be merged into luminous. run that the upgrade suites using dch'ed
version, and wait until the jenkins builder to tag and dch
automatically for the official release of 12.2.2
2. just drop the PR#18589. so and include it in post 12.2.2. so the
problem will be resolved w/o any efforts by then.

--
Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-06  9:57                 ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-11-06  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai, Abhishek L
  Cc: Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, vumrao, Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler,

kefu chai <tchaikov@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Abhishek L
> <abhishek.lekshmanan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, I tried to make 18589 self-contained by pulling in Kefu's and
>>> Abhishek's follow-on fixes. I think it would be nice to have it in 12.2.2.
>>
>> Rebuilt the integration branch with the newer PR and it still fails
>> with the same reason
>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-05_11:53:02-ceph-disk-wip-abhi-testing-2017-11-05-0933-distro-basic-vps/
>> for eg.
>>
>> Kefu, are there any more commits we need to solve the dependency issue?
>
> well, yes and no.
>
> we need to "dch" the changelog, to bump up the version number to
> 12.2.2 to address this issue. but i thought this was a step of our
> release process: see
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/2cb4f4069c7a0fac1abecd76e6014272f22cf139/ansible/roles/ceph-release/tasks/release/stable.yml#L3.
>
> that's why i believed that PR#18589 was self-contained. anyway, we can
> "fix" this issue in two ways:
>
> 1. "dch" the changelog in a commit only for testing, and it will not
> be merged into luminous. run that the upgrade suites using dch'ed
> version, and wait until the jenkins builder to tag and dch
> automatically for the official release of 12.2.2
> 2. just drop the PR#18589. so and include it in post 12.2.2. so the
> problem will be resolved w/o any efforts by then.

I'm inclined to do #2, either way I've scheduled suites (which has
completed now) without this PR since I couldn't get moving with the PR
included, I'll post the results soon & hopefully we can handover to QE
today itself

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-06 18:29                   ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2017-11-06 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai, Abhishek L
  Cc: Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, vumrao, Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler,

Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> writes:

> kefu chai <tchaikov@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Abhishek L
>> <abhishek.lekshmanan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rebuilt the integration branch with the newer PR and it still fails
>>> with the same reason
>>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-05_11:53:02-ceph-disk-wip-abhi-testing-2017-11-05-0933-distro-basic-vps/
>>> for eg.
>>>
>>> Kefu, are there any more commits we need to solve the dependency issue?
>>
>> well, yes and no.
>>
>> we need to "dch" the changelog, to bump up the version number to
>> 12.2.2 to address this issue. but i thought this was a step of our
>> release process: see
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/2cb4f4069c7a0fac1abecd76e6014272f22cf139/ansible/roles/ceph-release/tasks/release/stable.yml#L3.
>>
>> that's why i believed that PR#18589 was self-contained. anyway, we can
>> "fix" this issue in two ways:
>>
>> 1. "dch" the changelog in a commit only for testing, and it will not
>> be merged into luminous. run that the upgrade suites using dch'ed
>> version, and wait until the jenkins builder to tag and dch
>> automatically for the official release of 12.2.2
>> 2. just drop the PR#18589. so and include it in post 12.2.2. so the
>> problem will be resolved w/o any efforts by then.
>
> I'm inclined to do #2, either way I've scheduled suites (which has
> completed now) without this PR since I couldn't get moving with the PR
> included, I'll post the results soon & hopefully we can handover to QE
> today itself

update:

refer http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830 for update information

RADOS, RBD suites were green, ran into a couple of possible env. errors
which didn't reproduce in the rerun. A possible timing issue (didn't
reproduce) http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22047

CephFS runs seem to hit http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22039
consistently, the other failures look environmental. run info
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-23
@Patrick can you take a look.

RGW initially hit some failures due to s3-tests branch which was fixed,
the tests are still running though failures so far have been
environmental or known.
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-18

Saw a valgrind leak on mons in one of the RGW runs, reported at
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22052

ceph-disk consistently seems to run into a nearfull failure (was present
in the first integration branch run as well) possibly related to
dmcrypt. (a python backtrace is thrown as unknown key managment-mode)
tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-19, don't see any recent patches that
went into master/luminous that could explain this failure unfortunately.

Upgrade luminous-x seems to consistently fail with being unable to find
ceph-common packages, eg. run:
http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-11-06_15:35:39-upgrade:luminous-x-wip-abhi-testing-2017-11-05-1320-distro-basic-smithi/

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-06 19:55                     ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-11-06 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: kefu chai, Abhishek L, Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, vumrao,
	Sage Weil, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Ceph Development,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> CephFS runs seem to hit http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22039
> consistently, the other failures look environmental. run info
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-23
> @Patrick can you take a look.

Sage has a debug PR for bluestore to run with the fs suite to help
diagnose that. I'm going to queue up a run now.

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-07 21:59                       ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2017-11-07 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Durgin, Josh
  Cc: kefu chai, Abhishek L, Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, vumrao,
	Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin,
	Karol Mroz, yweinste, ceph-devel-owner

On 2017-11-06 20:55, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Abhishek Lekshmanan <abhishek@suse.com>
> wrote:
>> CephFS runs seem to hit http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22039
>> consistently, the other failures look environmental. run info
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21830#note-23
>> @Patrick can you take a look.
>
> Sage has a debug PR for bluestore to run with the fs suite to help
> diagnose that. I'm going to queue up a run now.

This is the final list of PRs that we have pending merge onto Luminous:

QE
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18702 (good to go)
RBD:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18564 (waiting on jenkins for clicking
the big green button)

RGW
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18794
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18800
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18801

Assuming these are merged in,
Patrick, Jason, John, Josh & Yehuda/Matt, do we need anything else for
12.2.2 before handing over to QE for the final round of testing?

Best,
Abhishek

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-07 23:09                         ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-11-07 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Durgin, Josh,
	kefu chai, Abhishek L, Nathan Cutler, Kefu Chai, Vikhyat Umrao,
	Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken, Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin,
	Karol Mroz, Yuri Weinstein, ceph-devel-owner

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Abhishek <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Patrick, Jason, John, Josh & Yehuda/Matt, do we need anything else for
> 12.2.2 before handing over to QE for the final round of testing?

CephFS is ready.

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: 12.2.2 status
@ 2017-11-07 23:51                         ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2017-11-07 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Durgin, Josh, kefu chai, Abhishek L, Nathan Cutler,
	Kefu Chai, Vikhyat Umrao, Nathan Cutler, Dreyer, Ken,
	Ceph Development, Matt Benjamin, Karol Mroz, Yuri Weinstein,
	ceph-devel-owner

I think that's everything.

Matt

--