* [Cocci] coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
@ 2013-08-23  9:01 Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-08-23  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hello,

I am having difficulties enabling python scripting with coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18 as follows

running source package configure

# ./configure --enable-release --with-python=/usr/bin/python
.
.

configure: skipped the selection of a global pycaml module because --enable-python is given explicitly but --enable-pycaml is not.
checking for /usr/bin/python... /usr/bin/python
checking python version... 2.6 found
configure: python major version: 2
configure: looking for the corresponding python library
checking for PYTHON... no
configure: error: the python scripts feature is enabled but the pkg-config python library is not found
.
.
# dpkg -l |grep pkg-config
ii  pkg-config                                        0.22-1build2                                    manage compile and link flags for libraries
#<mailto:root@swsrvapps-01:~/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/setup#>

# which spatch
/usr/local/bin/spatch
# spatch --version
spatch version 1.0.0-rc17 without Python support and with PCRE support
#

Thanks and best regards,

Jamal Khashan
Dialog Semiconductors IT Helpdesk
Direct Dial: +49 (0)7021 805 555
Jamal.Khashan at diasemi.com<mailto:Jamal.Khashan@diasemi.com> |  www.diasemi.com<http://www.diasemi.com/>
Dialog Semiconductor GmbH, Neue Strasse 95, 73230 Kirchheim /Teck, Germany

________________________________

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Directors: Dr. Jalal Bagherli, Jean-Michel Richard
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Cocci] coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
@ 2013-08-24  6:11 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2013-08-24  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

> I am having difficulties enabling python scripting with
> coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18 as follows

What OS/distribution are you using?  Perhaps the problem could be that you
have python 2.6?  I have 2.7.

Maybe you should try something like

pkg-config --exists --print-errors python-2.6

julia

* [Cocci] coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
@ 2013-08-24  7:30 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2013-08-24  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Perhaps try the option --without-pkg-config, if pkg-config is not well set
up on your machine.

julia

* [Cocci] coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
@ 2013-08-24  8:44   ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2013-08-24  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Some Linux distributions tools can help you with dependencies:

For Fedora:
$ sudo yum-builddep coccinelle

For Debian/Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep coccinelle

Those commands wil ltell you what are the recommended packages to have
installed in the system for building Coccinelle, and can save you some
time. Please let us know if you still have problems.

Peter

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> Perhaps try the option --without-pkg-config, if pkg-config is not well set
> up on your machine.
>
> julia

Peter

* [Cocci] coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
@ 2013-09-02 12:54   ` Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-09-02 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Julia,

Thanks for feedback, sorry for the late reply, I was on Vacation for a week, but here's the output requested

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        10.04
Codename:       lucid
#

# pkg-config --exists --print-errors python-2.6
Package python-2.6 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `python-2.6.pc'
No package 'python-2.6' found
#

Jamal.Khashan at diasemi.com |  www.diasemi.com

@ 2013-09-02 13:21     ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2013-09-02 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Jamal Khashan wrote:

> Hi Julia,
>
> Thanks for feedback, sorry for the late reply, I was on Vacation for a week, but here's the output requested
>
> # lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        10.04
> Codename:       lucid
> #

I think this version is a bit old?  Do you have the possibility to
upgrade.  On the other hand, it is the same version that I have at home,
so I can try to reproduce the problem.

> # pkg-config --exists --print-errors python-2.6
> Package python-2.6 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `python-2.6.pc'
> No package 'python-2.6' found
> #

Do you just need to install python 2.6?  Did you install it separately
from ubuntu?

I don't know much about pkg-config.  Maybe someone else knows why you
might have some software installed but pkg-config can't find it.

julia

@ 2013-09-03  6:24       ` Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-09-03  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your feedback.

I think this version is a bit old?  Do you have the possibility to upgrade?
Unfortunately I neither can upgrade Ubuntu nor python per feedback from my clients as follows
"
Hi Jamal,
I've spoken with several other engineers and it would be a big risk to update python. We are using Gitorious (python) which manages all our software version control, also other people in different teams use python for their development and I do not know how this would affect those people. I think that his update would be too risky for us at the moment.
Regards,
Stephen
"

Can I supply any info, logs, configuration files etc that might assist in resolving this issue without OS or application upgrade?

@ 2013-09-03  6:42     ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2013-09-03  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Jamal Khashan wrote:

> Hi Julia,
>
> Thanks for feedback, sorry for the late reply, I was on Vacation for a week, but here's the output requested
>
> # lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        10.04
> Codename:       lucid
> #

Actually, I have 11.04, and Python 2.7...

julia

@ 2013-09-03 14:44         ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2013-09-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Jamal,

Can you try to configure with:

$ ./configure --enable-release --without-pkg-config

Thanks,

Peter

@ 2013-09-04 11:00           ` Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-09-04 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Peter,

/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18# ./configure --enable-release --without-pkg-config
configure: configuring coccinelle 1.0.0-rc17 in /root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18
/root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/setup/missing: Unknown '--is-lightweight' option
Try '/root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/setup/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
configure: determining version suffix
checking for date... /bin/date
configure: version suffix set to Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:55:21 +0100
configure: this configure program uses pkg-config m4 macros
configure: this configure program uses ocaml m4 macros (see setup/ocaml.m4)
configure: this configure program uses custom m4 macros (see setup/cocci.m4)
configure: some fake substitutions for required but unavailable programs may be used (see setup/fake*)
configure: verifying basic tools
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for bash... /bin/bash
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for patch... /usr/bin/patch
checking for echo... /bin/echo
checking for patchelf... no
configure: pkg-config is disabled explicitly
checking for ocamlc... /usr/bin/ocamlc
OCaml version is 3.11.2
OCaml library path is /usr/lib/ocaml
checking for ocamlopt... /usr/bin/ocamlopt
checking for ocamlc.opt... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt
checking for ocamlopt.opt... /usr/bin/ocamlopt.opt
checking for ocaml... /usr/bin/ocaml
checking for ocamldep... /usr/bin/ocamldep
checking for ocamlmktop... /usr/bin/ocamlmktop
checking for ocamlmklib... /usr/bin/ocamlmklib
checking for ocamldoc... /usr/bin/ocamldoc
checking for ocamlbuild... /usr/bin/ocamlbuild
checking that the OCaml version is at least 3.10... yes
checking that the OCaml version is at least 3.11... yes
checking for camlp4... /usr/bin/camlp4
checking for camlp4boot... no
checking for camlp4o... /usr/bin/camlp4o
checking for camlp4of... no
checking for camlp4oof... no
checking for camlp4orf... no
checking for camlp4prof... no
checking for camlp4r... /usr/bin/camlp4r
checking for camlp4rf... no
checking for ocamllex... /usr/bin/ocamllex
checking for ocamllex.opt... /usr/bin/ocamllex.opt
checking for ocamlyacc... /usr/bin/ocamlyacc
checking for ocamlfind... /usr/bin/ocamlfind
checking for ocamlprof... /usr/bin/ocamlprof
configure: verifying basic ocaml modules
configure: coccinelle may use external ocaml libraries in /root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/bundles
configure: the following OCaml packages should be provided by your ocaml installation
checking for OCaml findlib package unix... found
checking for OCaml findlib package bigarray... found
checking for OCaml findlib package num... found
checking for OCaml findlib package str... found
configure: configuring package dynlink
checking for OCaml findlib package dynlink... found
configure: configuring package camlp4
checking for OCaml findlib package camlp4... found
configure: configuring package menhirLib
checking for OCaml findlib package menhirLib... found
configure: verifying optional features
checking for menhir... /usr/bin/menhir
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python version... 2.6 found
configure: python major version: 2
configure: looking for the corresponding python library
checking for PYTHON... no
configure: trying the default python library as fallback
checking for PYTHON... no
checking for PCRE... yes
configure: configuring package pcre
checking for OCaml findlib package pcre... not found
configure: OCaml package pcre is not available
checking for a bundled substitute of pcre... yes
configure: using bundled substitute for pcre in /root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/bundles/pcre/
configure: support for pcre syntax is enabled
checking for pdflatex... no
configure: pdflatex not found. Trying substitute /root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/setup/fake-pdflatex.sh pdflatex.
checking for pdflatex... /root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18/setup/fake-pdflatex.sh pdflatex
configure: the optimized version of coccinelle will not be build by default due to OCaml version 3.11.2
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile.config
config.status: creating version.ml
config.status: creating commons/commands.ml
config.status: creating globals/config.ml
config.status: creating globals/regexp.ml
config.status: creating python/pycocci.ml
config.status: creating ocaml/prepare_ocamlcocci.ml
config.status: creating scripts/spatch.sh
config.status: creating docs/spatch.1
config.status: creating myocamlbuild.ml
config.status: creating setup/Makefile
configure: configuration completed
Summary

configure flags:  --enable-release --without-pkg-config
findlib:          /usr/bin/ocamlfind    (an actual version is strongly recommended)
menhir:           /usr/bin/menhir       (should be an optional tool)
menhirLib module: yes   (for local package use --disable-menhirLib)

ocaml scripting:  yes   (overridable with --enable-ocaml)
python scripting: no    (overridable with --enable-python)
pycaml module:          (for local package use --disable-pycaml)

pcre regexes:     local (overridable with --enable-pcre-syntax)
pcre module:      local (for local package use --disable-pcre)
pcre library:     yes   (requires the dev version of libpcre)

release config:   yes   (strongly recommended to be 'yes', overridable with --enable-release)
optimized spatch: no    (overridable with --disable-opt)

Coccinelle can now be compiled and installed.

If you compile coccinelle again after source code changes or
configuration changes, you may need to run first:
  $ make clean

To compile coccinelle, run:
  $ make all

To install coccinelle, run:
  $ make install

Then, to test coccinelle, run for example:
  $ spatch -sp_file demos/simple.cocci demos/simple.c -o /tmp/new_simple.c

Or when coccinelle is not installed yet:
  $ COCCINELLE_HOME=/root/conf/coccinelle-1.0.0-rc18 ./scripts/spatch -sp_file demos/simple.cocci demos/simple.c -o /tmp/new_simple.c
#

@ 2013-09-04 11:06             ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2013-09-04 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Jamal,

This can be fixed by running:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep coccinelle

In order to this command to work, you need to enable the official
universe repository in the sources.list file. Both for packages and
sources. Mine looks like:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe

If you do changes in /etc/apt/sources.list, run `apt-get update` after
the changes.

Please let me know if this helped you.

@ 2013-09-04 11:13               ` Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-09-04 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Peter,

Thanks again,  here's the output

root:/etc/apt# cat sources.list
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe
root:/etc/apt#

apt-get build-dep coccinelle
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_lucid_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/universe Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_lucid_universe_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest/  Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/linux.dell.com_repo_community_deb_latest_Packages)
E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
root at swsrvapps-01:/etc/apt# apt-get update
Get:1 file:  Release.gpg [198B]
Get:2 file:  Release [337B]
Ign file:  Packages
Ign file:  Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com lucid Release.gpg
Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg [316B]
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg
Get:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg [316B]
Get:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg [316B]
Get:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release.gpg [316B]
Get:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release [13.9kB]
Get:8 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release [14.0kB]
Get:9 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release [13.9kB]
Get:10 http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release [13.9kB]
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com lucid/main Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com lucid/universe Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid/main Packages
  404  Not Found
Hit http://www.scootersoftware.com stable Release.gpg
Get:11 http://linux.dell.com  Release.gpg [827B]
Hit http://www.scootersoftware.com stable Release
Get:12 http://linux.dell.com  Release [1392B]
Ign http://linux.dell.com  Release
Ign http://www.scootersoftware.com stable/non-free Packages
Hit http://linux.dell.com  Packages
Ign http://www.scootersoftware.com stable/non-free Packages
Hit http://www.scootersoftware.com stable/non-free Packages
Fetched 2096B in 1s (1800B/s)
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 2A8E3034D018A4CE
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 83FBA1751378B444
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 83FBA1751378B444
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 1624804B84ACD041
W: GPG error: http://linux.dell.com  Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 1285491434D8786F
W: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/lucid/Release  Unable to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/Coccinelle/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/coccicheck/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/cubs/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/libpycaml-ocaml-dev/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ocaml-findlib/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/spatch/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
root@:/etc/apt#

@ 2013-09-04 11:18                 ` Peter Senna Tschudin
From: Peter Senna Tschudin @ 2013-09-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Looks like that there is one error in the file, there is a missing new
line before deb-src...
The content should be one entry / line, like:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid main universe

Can you please check that there is one entry / line?

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Jamal Khashan <Jamal.Khashan@diasemi.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/libpycaml-ocaml-dev/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ocaml-findlib/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/spatch/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
> root@:/etc/apt#
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Jamal Khashan
> Dialog Semiconductors IT Helpdesk
> Direct Dial: +49 (0)7021 805 555
> Jamal.Khashan at diasemi.com |  www.diasemi.com
> Dialog Semiconductor GmbH, Neue Strasse 95, 73230 Kirchheim /Teck, Germany

>>> Stephen

@ 2013-09-04 11:45                   ` Jamal Khashan
From: Jamal Khashan @ 2013-09-04 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi Peter,

It worked, ur the man, I sincerely appreciate your help

> [...]

> /Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/libpycaml-ocaml-dev/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/ma
> in/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ocaml-findlib/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/bin
> ary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/spatch/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd
> 64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
> root@:/etc/apt#
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Jamal Khashan
> Dialog Semiconductors IT Helpdesk
> Direct Dial: +49 (0)7021 805 555
> Jamal.Khashan at diasemi.com |  www.diasemi.com Dialog Semiconductor
> GmbH, Neue Strasse 95, 73230 Kirchheim /Teck, Germany

>>> Stephen