* OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 19:18 Cliff Brake
                   ` (18 more replies)
From: Cliff Brake @ 2015-10-26 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto

Hi,

I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
name/company from any results.

I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
the results after that.

My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
interesting discussions.

How long have you been using OE?  _____

How do you use OE/Yocto?
[  ] product development
[  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

What distro do you use?
[  ] Poky
[  ] Angstrom
[  ] nodistro or custom

How do you organize multiple git repos?
[  ] Git submodules
[  ] Repo
[  ] Other

What packaging system?
[  ] OPKG
[  ] RPM
[  ] Other

What GUI toolkits?
[  ] Qt
[  ] Gtk
[  ] EFL
[  ] HTML5/JS
[  ] Other

What init system?
[  ] systemd
[  ] sysvinit
[  ] busybox init
[  ] Other

What libc?
[  ] glibc
[  ] uclibc
[  ] musl
[  ] Other

How do you develop custom applications?
[  ] application-SDK
[  ] devshell
[  ] develop on PC, test on target
[  ] Other

What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[  ] C
[  ] C++
[  ] Python
[  ] Javascript
[  ] Lua
[  ] Other

What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[  ] Buildbot
[  ] Jenkins
[  ] Other

Do you use any any of the tooling projects
(https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
Hob, Toaster, etc?

_______________________

Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
include additional choices/information you think are relevant.

Thanks,
Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-27 14:29 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin)
From: 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin) @ 2015-10-27 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

How long have you been using OE?  4 years

How do you use OE/Yocto?

[ X ] product development

[ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

What distro do you use?

[  ] Poky

[  ] Angstrom

[ X ] customize Poky

How do you organize multiple git repos?

[  ] Git submodules

[ X ] Repo

[  ] Other

What packaging system?

[  ] OPKG

[ X ] RPM

[  ] Other

What GUI toolkits?

[ X ] Qt

[  ] Gtk

[  ] EFL

[  ] HTML5/JS

[  ] Other

What init system?

[ X ] systemd

[ X ] sysvinit

[  ] busybox init

[  ] Other

What libc?

[ X ] glibc

[  ] uclibc

[  ] musl

[  ] Other

How do you develop custom applications?

[ X ] application-SDK

[  ] devshell

[ X ] develop on PC, test on target

[  ] Other

What language do you primarily use for custom applications?

[ X ] C

[ X ] C++

[  ] Python

[  ] Javascript

[  ] Lua

[  ] Other

What do you use for Continuous Integration?

[ X ] Buildbot

[  ] Jenkins

[  ] Other

Do you use any any of the tooling projects

(https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT, Hob, Toaster, etc?

ADT

Best, regards

Wily Taekhyun Shin

Wily Taekhyun Shin

Research Engineer
R&D Center
Telechips Inc.
Tel : + 82-2-3443-6792(Ext.390)

Fax : + 82-2-6424-7793

Mobile : + 82-10-4376-5530

E-mail : thshin@telechips.com <blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:ksjeon@telechips.com>

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-28 16:59 winfried.dobbe
From: winfried.dobbe @ 2015-10-28 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> How long have you been using OE?
1 year

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
[ X] product development
[ X] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
[ X] Poky
[  ] Angstrom
[  ] nodistro or custom

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
[ X] Git submodules
[  ] Repo
[  ] Other

> What packaging system?
[  ] OPKG
[ X] RPM
[  ] Other

> What GUI toolkits?
[ X] Qt
[  ] Gtk
[  ] EFL
[  ] HTML5/JS
[  ] Other

> What init system?
[ X] systemd
[  ] sysvinit
[  ] busybox init
[  ] Other

> What libc?
[ X] glibc
[  ] uclibc
[  ] musl
[  ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
[ X] application-SDK
[  ] devshell
[ X] develop on PC, test on target
[  ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[  ] C
[ X] C++
[  ] Python
[  ] Javascript
[  ] Lua
[  ] Other

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[  ] Buildbot
[  ] Jenkins
[ X] Other

Atlassian Bamboo

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

Not Yet, but I plan to use devtool later.