* OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 19:18 Cliff Brake
                   ` (18 more replies)
From: Cliff Brake @ 2015-10-26 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto

Hi,

I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
name/company from any results.

I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
the results after that.

My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
interesting discussions.

How long have you been using OE?  _____

How do you use OE/Yocto?
[  ] product development
[  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

What distro do you use?
[  ] Poky
[  ] Angstrom
[  ] nodistro or custom

How do you organize multiple git repos?
[  ] Git submodules
[  ] Repo
[  ] Other

What packaging system?
[  ] OPKG
[  ] RPM
[  ] Other

What GUI toolkits?
[  ] Qt
[  ] Gtk
[  ] EFL
[  ] HTML5/JS
[  ] Other

What init system?
[  ] systemd
[  ] sysvinit
[  ] busybox init
[  ] Other

What libc?
[  ] glibc
[  ] uclibc
[  ] musl
[  ] Other

How do you develop custom applications?
[  ] application-SDK
[  ] devshell
[  ] develop on PC, test on target
[  ] Other

What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[  ] C
[  ] C++
[  ] Python
[  ] Javascript
[  ] Lua
[  ] Other

What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[  ] Buildbot
[  ] Jenkins
[  ] Other

Do you use any any of the tooling projects
(https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
Hob, Toaster, etc?

_______________________

Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
include additional choices/information you think are relevant.

Thanks,
Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 19:38 ` Gary Thomas
                   ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Gary Thomas @ 2015-10-26 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 2015-10-26 13:18, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  __5+ years___
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ X ] product development
> [ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [ X ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [ X ] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [ X ] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ X ] Qt
> [ X ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [  ] systemd
> [ X ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ X ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [ X ] devshell
> [ X ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [  ] C
> [  ] C++
> [ X ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> ___None at this time ____________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 20:08   ` Martin Jansa
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-10-26 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 03:18:54PM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> How long have you been using OE?

+= 10 years (more actively for last 6 years)

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
[ X ] product development
[ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
[   ] Poky
[   ] Angstrom
[ X ] nodistro or custom

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
[   ] Git submodules
[   ] Repo
[ X ] Other

> What packaging system?
[ X ] OPKG
[   ] RPM
[   ] Other

> What GUI toolkits?
[ X ] Qt
[ X ] Gtk
[ X ] EFL
[ X ] HTML5/JS
[   ] Other

> What init system?
[ X ] systemd
[   ] sysvinit
[   ] busybox init
[ X ] Other (upstart)

> What libc?
[ X ] glibc
[   ] uclibc
[   ] musl
[   ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
[   ] application-SDK
[ X ] devshell
[ X ] develop on PC, test on target
[   ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[ X ] C
[ X ] C++
[   ] Python
[ X ] Javascript
[   ] Lua
[   ] Other

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[   ] Buildbot
[ X ] Jenkins
[   ] Other

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

No

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-10-26 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 03:18:54PM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> How long have you been using OE?

+= 10 years (more actively for last 6 years)

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
[ X ] product development
[ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
[   ] Poky
[   ] Angstrom
[ X ] nodistro or custom

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
[   ] Git submodules
[   ] Repo
[ X ] Other

> What packaging system?
[ X ] OPKG
[   ] RPM
[   ] Other

> What GUI toolkits?
[ X ] Qt
[ X ] Gtk
[ X ] EFL
[ X ] HTML5/JS
[   ] Other

> What init system?
[ X ] systemd
[   ] sysvinit
[   ] busybox init
[ X ] Other (upstart)

> What libc?
[ X ] glibc
[   ] uclibc
[   ] musl
[   ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
[   ] application-SDK
[ X ] devshell
[ X ] develop on PC, test on target
[   ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[ X ] C
[ X ] C++
[   ] Python
[ X ] Javascript
[   ] Lua
[   ] Other

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[   ] Buildbot
[ X ] Jenkins
[   ] Other

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

No

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 20:17 ` Brian Hutchinson
                   ` (15 subsequent siblings)
From: Brian Hutchinson @ 2015-10-26 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [x] product development
> [x] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [x] Poky
> [x] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [x] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [x] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [  ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [x] Other - console image - no GUI
>
> What init system?
> [x] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [x] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [  ] develop on PC, test on target
> [x] Other -c populate_sdk
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [x] C
> [x] C++
> [x] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [x] Other - bash scripts
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [x] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
Playing with Toaster but typically use command line to generate my
rootfs and a toolchain/sdk then application developers use
toolchain/sdk to develop app.

Regards,

Brian

Commscope Inc.
Forest, VA

> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-26 23:04   ` Andreas Müller
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Müller @ 2015-10-26 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [x] product development
> [x] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [x] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [x] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [x] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [x] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [x] Qt
> [x] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [x] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [x] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [x] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [x] C
> [x] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [x] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________

Andreas

From: Andreas Müller @ 2015-10-26 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [x] product development
> [x] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [x] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [x] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [x] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [x] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [x] Qt
> [x] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [x] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [x] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [x] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [x] C
> [x] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [x] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________

Andreas

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-27  8:08 ` Marc Reilly
                   ` (13 subsequent siblings)
From: Marc Reilly @ 2015-10-27  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi Cliff,

On Monday, October 26, 2015 03:18:54 PM Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _3 years
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ x] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [x ] Angstrom
> [x ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [x ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [ x ] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ x ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [ x ] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ x ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [ x ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [x  ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [  ] C
> [ x ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ x ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________

None.

We've not modified our initial product image for a few years now, apart from
our specific app, so I haven't had any time to play with these newer tools.

HTH,

Cheers,
Marc

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-27  8:12 ` Christian Ege
                   ` (12 subsequent siblings)
From: Christian Ege @ 2015-10-27  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  __3 years___
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [X] product development
> [X] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [X] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [X] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [X] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [X] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [X] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [X] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [X] systemd
> [X] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [X] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [  ] develop on PC, test on target
> [X] bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [X] C
> [X] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [X] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [X] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> __NONE_____________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

http://ch.ege.io/

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-27  8:33 ` Roberto Fichera
                   ` (11 subsequent siblings)
From: Roberto Fichera @ 2015-10-27  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 10/26/2015 08:18 PM, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ X ] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [ X ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [ X ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [ X ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ X ] Qt
> [ X ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [ X ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [  ] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [ X ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ X ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [ X ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ X ] C
> [ X ] C++
> [ X ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [ X ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

bitbake

> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-27  8:40   ` Alex J Lennon
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex J Lennon @ 2015-10-27  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Brake, openembedded-devel, yocto

On 26/10/2015 19:18, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [X ] product development
> [X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [X ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [X ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [X ] RPM
> [X ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [  ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [X ] HTML5/JS
> [X ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [  ] systemd
> [X ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [X ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [X ] devshell
> [X ] develop on PC, test on target
> [X ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [X ] C
> [  ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [X ] Other

Visual Studio C# .NET + Mono

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [X ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

No

> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: [yocto] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-27  8:40   ` Alex J Lennon
From: Alex J Lennon @ 2015-10-27  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Brake, openembedded-devel, yocto

On 26/10/2015 19:18, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [X ] product development
> [X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [X ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [X ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [X ] RPM
> [X ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [  ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [X ] HTML5/JS
> [X ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [  ] systemd
> [X ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [X ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [X ] devshell
> [X ] develop on PC, test on target
> [X ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [X ] C
> [  ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [X ] Other

Visual Studio C# .NET + Mono

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [X ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

No

> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-27  9:12 ` Andrei Gherzan
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2015-10-27  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded

--
Andrei Gherzan

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  __4__
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ X] product development
> [ X] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [ X] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [ X] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [ X] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [ X] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ X] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [ X] systemd
> [ X] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ X] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [ X] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ X] C
> [  ] C++
> [ X] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ X] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _no____________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-27 16:35   ` Stephano Cetola
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Stephano Cetola @ 2015-10-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On 10/26, Cliff Brake wrote:
> How long have you been using OE?

~3 years

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
 [ X ] product development
 [ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
 [   ] Poky
 [   ] Angstrom
 [ X ] nodistro or custom (Based on Poky)

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
 [   ] Git submodules
 [ X ] Repo
 [ X ] Other (Customer Python scripts)

> What packaging system?
 [   ] OPKG
 [   ] RPM
 [ X ] Other (IPK)

> What GUI toolkits?
 [ X ] Qt
 [ X ] Gtk
 [   ] EFL
 [ X ] HTML5/JS
 [   ] Other

 Our clients develop in QML.

> What init system?
 [   ] systemd
 [ X ] sysvinit
 [ X ] busybox init
 [   ] Other

> What libc?
 [ X ] glibc
 [   ] uclibc
 [   ] musl
 [   ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
 [   ] application-SDK
 [ X ] devshell
 [ X ] develop on PC, test on target
 [   ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
 [ X ] C
 [ X ] C++
 [   ] Python
 [   ] Javascript
 [   ] Lua
 [   ] Other

 Qt for C++

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
 [   ] Buildbot
 [ X ] Jenkins
 [   ] Other

Tried buildbot but it required too much customization for our small
team.

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

 No

From: Stephano Cetola @ 2015-10-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On 10/26, Cliff Brake wrote:
> How long have you been using OE?

~3 years

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
 [ X ] product development
 [ X ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
 [   ] Poky
 [   ] Angstrom
 [ X ] nodistro or custom (Based on Poky)

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
 [   ] Git submodules
 [ X ] Repo
 [ X ] Other (Customer Python scripts)

> What packaging system?
 [   ] OPKG
 [   ] RPM
 [ X ] Other (IPK)

> What GUI toolkits?
 [ X ] Qt
 [ X ] Gtk
 [   ] EFL
 [ X ] HTML5/JS
 [   ] Other

 Our clients develop in QML.

> What init system?
 [   ] systemd
 [ X ] sysvinit
 [ X ] busybox init
 [   ] Other

> What libc?
 [ X ] glibc
 [   ] uclibc
 [   ] musl
 [   ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
 [   ] application-SDK
 [ X ] devshell
 [ X ] develop on PC, test on target
 [   ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
 [ X ] C
 [ X ] C++
 [   ] Python
 [   ] Javascript
 [   ] Lua
 [   ] Other

 Qt for C++

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
 [   ] Buildbot
 [ X ] Jenkins
 [   ] Other

Tried buildbot but it required too much customization for our small
team.

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

 No

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-28  7:32   ` Chris Morgan
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Chris Morgan @ 2015-10-28  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  3 years_____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [x] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [ ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [ x ] nodistro or custom (based on poky)
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [x] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [x] Other (none, just a single output fs)
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ x ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [ x ] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ x ] glibc (I think, we don't appear to override DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC)
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [ x ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ x ] C
> [ x ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [ x ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

Company name currently withheld. Yocto being used to build the
software image for a consumer hardware product.

Chris

From: Chris Morgan @ 2015-10-28  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

> [...]
> [ x ] C
> [ x ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [ x ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

Company name currently withheld. Yocto being used to build the
software image for a consumer hardware product.

@ 2015-10-29  5:09   ` Sven Ebenfeld
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Sven Ebenfeld @ 2015-10-29  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto

From: Sven Ebenfeld @ 2015-10-29  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto

Am 26.10.2015 um 20:18 schrieb Cliff Brake:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  __2012__
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ x] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [ x] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [ x] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [ x] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [  ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
> [ x] None
>
> What init system?
> [ x] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ x] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [ x] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ x] C
> [  ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [ x] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ x] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _____________No________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (11 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-29  6:01 ` 彥瑾
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: 彥瑾 @ 2015-10-29  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

[...]

Toaster

> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _____
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [  ] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [  ] Angstrom
> [  ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [  ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [  ] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [  ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [  ] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [  ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [  ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [  ] C
> [  ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [  ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _______________________
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (12 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-29 11:59 ` Anders Darander
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Anders Darander @ 2015-10-29 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

How long have you been using OE?  6 years

How do you use OE/Yocto?
[ x ] product development

Hob, Toaster, etc?  None yet.

--
Anders Darander
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-29 14:36   ` Changhyeok Bae
From: Changhyeok Bae @ 2015-10-29 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

How long have you been using OE?  __3___

How do you use OE/Yocto?

[X] product development

[  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

What distro do you use?

[X] Poky

[  ] Angstrom

[X] nodistro or custom

How do you organize multiple git repos?

[  ] Git submodules

[  ] Repo

[X] Other

What packaging system?

[X] OPKG

[X] RPM

[  ] Other

What GUI toolkits?

[X] Qt

[  ] Gtk

[  ] EFL

[  ] HTML5/JS

[  ] Other

What init system?

[X] systemd

[  ] sysvinit

[  ] busybox init

[X] Other

> [...]

> What libc?
> [ x ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [ x ] application-SDK
> [  ] devshell
> [ x ] develop on PC, test on target
> [  ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ x ] C
> [ x ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ x ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects

@ 2015-10-29 17:09   ` Nicolas Aguirre
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Nicolas Aguirre @ 2015-10-29 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

Mail: aguirre.nicolas@gmail.com
Web: http://www.calaos.fr
Blog: http://dev.enlightenment.fr/~captainigloo/

From: Nicolas Aguirre @ 2015-10-29 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: yocto

[...]

                   ` (14 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-11-07  0:06 ` Phil Blundell
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Phil Blundell @ 2015-11-07  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

(Better late than never...)

@ 2015-11-12 12:06   ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2015-11-12 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm working on summarizing the results --
hopefully in the next couple days.

Cliff

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
                   ` (15 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-11-12 16:10 ` Alejandro del Castillo
From: Alejandro del Castillo @ 2015-11-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

--
Cheers,

Alejandro

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-11-12 16:15     ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2015-11-12 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Someone asked, so I'll reply here -- so far I have received 35 replies
to this survey.

Thanks,
Cliff

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Cliff Brake <cbrake@bec-systems.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies.  I'm working on summarizing the results --
> hopefully in the next couple days.
>
> Cliff

* Re: [oe] OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-11-13 10:19   ` Steffen Sledz
                     ` (17 subsequent siblings)
From: Steffen Sledz @ 2015-11-13 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto, Cliff Brake

On 26.10.2015 20:18, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
> to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
> name/company from any results.
>
> I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
> the results after that.
>
> My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
> is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
> clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
> interesting discussions.
>
> How long have you been using OE?  _2008_
>
> How do you use OE/Yocto?
> [ X ] product development
> [  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc
>
> What distro do you use?
> [  ] Poky
> [ X ] Angstrom
> [ X ] nodistro or custom
>
> How do you organize multiple git repos?
> [ X ] Git submodules
> [  ] Repo
> [  ] Other
>
> What packaging system?
> [ X ] OPKG
> [  ] RPM
> [  ] Other
>
> What GUI toolkits?
> [ X ] Qt
> [  ] Gtk
> [  ] EFL
> [  ] HTML5/JS
> [  ] Other
>
> What init system?
> [ X ] systemd
> [  ] sysvinit
> [  ] busybox init
> [  ] Other
>
> What libc?
> [ X ] glibc
> [  ] uclibc
> [  ] musl
> [  ] Other
>
> How do you develop custom applications?
> [  ] application-SDK
> [ X ] devshell
> [  ] develop on PC, test on target
> [ X ] Other
>
> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
> [ X ] C
> [  ] C++
> [  ] Python
> [  ] Javascript
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ X ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _no_
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany

From: Steffen Sledz @ 2015-11-13 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto, Cliff Brake

> [...]
> [  ] Lua
> [  ] Other
>
> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
> [  ] Buildbot
> [ X ] Jenkins
> [  ] Other
>
> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?
>
> _no_
>
> Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
> include additional choices/information you think are relevant.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz@dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;

                   ` (17 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-11-18 15:26 ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2015-11-18 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, yocto

Still formatting the results, but should reply with the usage I've
seen.  Below is a profile of 5 customers who are actively using OE in
products:

#1: 6yrs, Angstrom, git subm, OPKG, GTK, systemd, glibc, C++, Jenkins, no tools
#2: 2yrs, Angstrom, git subm, OPKG, HTML/JS, systemd, glibc, C++/JS,
no CI, no tools
#3: 2yrs, nodistro/custom, git subm, OPKG, no GUI, sysvinit, musl,
Lua/C, no CI, no tools
#4: 3yrs, Angstrom, git subm, OPKG, no GUI, systemd, glibc, C++/TCL,
no CI, no tools
#5: 5yrs, Angstrom & custom, git subm, OPKG, Qt, sysvinit, gllibc,
C++, no CI, no tools

All customers primarily develop apps on PC/test on target.  One is
using OE generated SDK's.

Most new projects I do will be moving from Angstrom to nodisto/custom distro.

musl has been working great on one project, so expect to use that more
in the future.

Thanks,
Cliff

@ 2015-10-28 16:59 winfried.dobbe
From: winfried.dobbe @ 2015-10-28 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> How long have you been using OE?
1 year

> How do you use OE/Yocto?
[ X] product development
[ X] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

> What distro do you use?
[ X] Poky
[  ] Angstrom
[  ] nodistro or custom

> How do you organize multiple git repos?
[ X] Git submodules
[  ] Repo
[  ] Other

> What packaging system?
[  ] OPKG
[ X] RPM
[  ] Other

> What GUI toolkits?
[ X] Qt
[  ] Gtk
[  ] EFL
[  ] HTML5/JS
[  ] Other

> What init system?
[ X] systemd
[  ] sysvinit
[  ] busybox init
[  ] Other

> What libc?
[ X] glibc
[  ] uclibc
[  ] musl
[  ] Other

> How do you develop custom applications?
[ X] application-SDK
[  ] devshell
[ X] develop on PC, test on target
[  ] Other

> What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[  ] C
[ X] C++
[  ] Python
[  ] Javascript
[  ] Lua
[  ] Other

> What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[  ] Buildbot
[  ] Jenkins
[ X] Other

Atlassian Bamboo

> Do you use any any of the tooling projects
> (https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
> Hob, Toaster, etc?

Not Yet, but I plan to use devtool later.

* Re: OE/Yocto developer survey
@ 2015-10-27 14:29 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin)
From: 신택현 (Taek Hyun Shin) @ 2015-10-27 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto